• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

romy6 2013

Well 2012 is old news so time to push onward. It was a great year for me pepperwise. If you did not get a chance to follow me last year and would like to check it out here is the link http://thehotpepper.com/topic/27252-romy6-2012/. It will save me from explaining my grow and being redundant. I am an outdoor grower only from start to finish. I try to keep my aphid /bug colonies to a minimum while batteling the temps as while growing in east central Florida. I plan on growing many other new varieties in a few months so keep an eye out. Until then I wish a great grow for all and look forward to following all of your grows. After fighting off the tequilla hangover this moring I managed to stumble along and pick my first harvest of the new year. Some yellow 7's, yellow scorps, yellw scotch bonnets with a tail, hybrid bhut, not douglah, mystery annums, choc hab , cho bhut bhut and a choc bhut x yellow 7 f3. Winter pods are always a little funky looking IMHO :rolleyes:

:dance: Happy New Year :dance:

IMG_4283.jpg

Dear Gawd, Jamie!!!! Pretty colors! (Can see the choc hab gittin his color on!!) I missed it: what's the story on the bhut hybrid???!!!!!! Looks like a banana pepper X Aconcagua X yellow bhut, but that's impossible. I think. Wow. :party:

Adorable kids!! :P  And is that an Armenian cuke crossed with something? Texas can no longer hold claim to the biggest of everything! Am out of likes for today. I like! ;)

Hey Jamie...think Mill may be onto something...does your "Mystery Annuum" look like this?
habanerodearbol2.jpg

Pic taken from here: http://thehotpepper.com/topic/22201-can-swap-red-manzano-hot-lemon-seed/ and belongs to Duane...Habanero De Arbol or Tree Hab...Think we may have found it!!! Mine are a cross, but the pod shape is almost exact, and the growth habit of your plant is spot on...

Mine is a definite cross with a goat's weed, but the pods are still almost identical...
8755276486_4b1c834ed0_k.jpg

Anyway...hope that figures it out for ya...The taste profile is almost exactly as I have read too...annuum up front with a chinense afterburn...

Plants are lookin nice and fit...as are you brotha! Looks like you just got in from a jog! You got some serious gnarly pods going on...be afraid of packages from Jamie folks!

Thanks Ramon. The reaper is one cool pod for shizznizz.  :dance:

Annie, the bhut hybrid is just one of my many nots. Has the heat of a bhut with the shape of a torpedo. Is a massive producer nad prefers it's leaves yellow  :liar:

Hmmmm. My pods look more like the second pic. Dark green not light yellow.  Shape wise are muchh shorter. Taste you described is spot on. Let me find a few pics and post them . Oh and the mother mystery annuum is slowing coming back. I will take a few pics soo and post them. 

Not the best pic. This was a few years ago when I had to cover her with blankets.

Cool plant Shane!

Wait...I thought this was Shane's thread... :crazy:

Jamie, I'm jealous of how well your plants are greening up and bushing out...You got your grow on real good now... :dance:

And I know you were joking, but the kids have really grown lately, too....Keep on doing what you're doing J-Daddy!

Great looking pods broham!!

That Bhut hybrid is loaded!! :fireball:

JJ is getting big!! and Princess Cris is beautiful as always!

Then ya go and ruin it with this! ;)

Lovin your grow man!!

:cool:
Kevin

Hey, Jamie, I see the master podder has been at work again!
Some of the pods look downright evil.  Way to go!   The plants
are enjoying life in the FloZone for sure!  Hope you are avoiding
nasty weather.

windchicken said:
Cool plant Shane!

Wait...I thought this was Shane's thread... :crazy:

Jamie, I'm jealous of how well your plants are greening up and bushing out...You got your grow on real good now... :dance:

And I know you were joking, but the kids have really grown lately, too....Keep on doing what you're doing J-Daddy!

Shane is the local glog undertaker  ;)  Strange hearing the grow master jealous of my plants  :crazy:  And yes they are growing way too fast for me  :snooty:

millworkman said:
That looks pretty spot on for the red Tree Hab. Hmmmmmmmmm.
 Very interesting Noah. I have no seeds labelled tree hab ? 

windchicken said:
Jamie sent me fresh ripe pods from his plant last year...It is a HOT chile, I would say right around 100K Scovilles...
 Thank you Gary. The plant does produce some wicked hot pods in the summer. 

Devv said:
Gnarly looking Reaper and Primo pods there my friend!

Choc Hab is bringing it on too!
 Thank you Scotty!!! You should see that choc hab today. Full of nice healthy brown pods. Who know's might have to send ya  few  :party:

wayright said:
Great looking pods broham!!

That Bhut hybrid is loaded!! :fireball:

JJ is getting big!! and Princess Cris is beautiful as always!

Then ya go and ruin it with this! ;)

Lovin your grow man!!

:cool:
Kevin

My main man!!!! Muchas gracias my brotha from anotha!!!!

Bodeen said:
Looking great.
   Thank you Jeffrey. Your grow is kick ass too!

PaulG said:
Hey, Jamie, I see the master podder has been at work again!
Some of the pods look downright evil.  Way to go!   The plants
are enjoying life in the FloZone for sure!  Hope you are avoiding
nasty weather.
Nice to see you back and blogging Paul. Place seems kinda of empty when your not around. Thank you sir.

Hi Jamie, I thought I'd give a shout and ask what's on the menu for this weekend... something good I bet!

Your back yard looks great, have you got Tebow mellowed out?

Pulpiteer said:
photo_zpsba7df201.jpg

Best Birgit pic I've seen yet - looks like we have a winner!

Thanks Andy. I would have to agree. She is a beautiful princess:)
stickman said:
Hi Jamie, I thought I'd give a shout and ask what's on the menu for this weekend... something good I bet!

Your back yard looks great, have you got Tebow mellowed out?
Thanks Rick. It has been a long battle to get the yard in shape but slowly coming around. Tebow is getting beter everyday. We both need the excercise and have been walk/running around the lake 4 or 5 times a week. Which is helping immensly. Gonna be heading out of town this weekend but may find time to grill some ribs and steak. Cristina is graduating from preschool Saturday  so we have realtives coming in town then heading out to Gville after that  . Should be crazy weekend. But lots of fun. Oh and very excited cause Rocketman is gonna stop bye Saturday for a spicy adventure!!!!

Gnarly poddage you got there. Looks like you scored a good Reaper. I have yet to see a yellow Primo with the proper shape but they look scary none the less. Great coloring on the Not caramel Bhut. Looks like a 7 pot. Shorts and a tank top? You lucky dog. It's freezing here!

Love the video! Mas poddage!

Outa likes for now will bestow later.

Tune sounds kinda Primus like. I can picture when you get home open the car door, the music starts...

Have a great weekend!

Back