• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

romy6 2014

So I guess it is about damn time I started a grow log! Not a whole lot going on at the ranch  :shh:  but hopefully that will change soon. I grow peppers all year around outdoors. I live on the central east coast of Florida. It has many ups and downs but more ups  :fireball: . Bugs such as mites and aphids are always a problem for me. Over the years I am getting better at diagnosing them at a early stage . This Christmas I was lucky enough to have santa bring me an aerogarden and some how managed to make it's nesting place on my kitchen table. I know this is short lived and I will need to find a safer resting spot for it. Here is a pic of my outdoor operation. Most of these plants are between 8 months or older. 

IMG_5137_zps4ad183b1.jpg

They look very haggard at the present moment. Lack of sunlight and low humidity will do that. But come spring they better bounce back into action.  :dance:

Here is my little indoor operation. It isn't much but keeps me happy and grows peppers super fast. I planted a 7 pot lava( judy) , borg9( tmudder), yaki blue( nigel via standbyandfire), true cumari ( from judy) , defcon 7 ( tmudder), choc naga x brain ( me,via winchicken, via tmudder), and parsley for the boy :)

First to pop was the 7 pot lava. Few days later the defcon 7. Yaki and borg both popped with helmet heads and I managed to kill them trying to remove. I just added a few more seeds in each pouch . 

photo_zpsb6d42712.jpg

Stay tuned and keep it green my fellow chili addicts . 

maximumcapsicum said:
Interested in the Kashmiri powder. Wonder what that has goin.

Plants are lookin fine man! Nine foot container grow... Wow.

Thanks Adam . Have not tried it yet but I am sure is tasty . 

Chewi said:
Always a good day when we see feet!!! :dance:  Keep up the good work Jamie!

Thanks Rob . You know it baby

chile_freak said:
Happy birthday Jamie! Hope all is well in Romyville, hope the pepper Gods send you a great big harvest for your bday! Stay cool Broda

Thank you paul . I picked a few pods yesterday :)

compmodder26 said:
I cannot get over how HUGE that lava plant is!  It's freak of nature.  And I'm glad you decided not to take on the full pod.  Those babies are un-relenting and insanely hot!  All looks fantastic Jamie!  I said it in the B-Day thread already, but I'll also wish you a Happy Birthday here too!

:bday:

Thanks Brian . Yes the Lava has a very fitting name and I am sure there are much truer pheno's that are even hotter . 

Devv said:
B-Day?

Have a great one!

Thanks Scott is was  a great day indeed . 

jedisushi06 said:
Happy Birthday!!!!!! Looks like you harvested some birthday pods on FB.
 Thanks Mike 

stickman said:
Hippo Birdie two Ewes Jamie! Cool care package you got from Stefan... I know what your chiles are arranging for hte occasion... ;)

You crack me up Rick . Thank you for stopping bye . 

TrentL said:
Dude. How did I miss this Glog before? 

Your Florida weather is making me very jealous, those plants are flippin enormous.

Do you even have a concept of "overwintering" down there or do you just leave 'em in the dirt all year round?

(And no I'm not talking about the hordes of senior citizens overwintering lol)
 Thanks Trent . We really do not have winters . It has some ups and downs . Bugs / heat / humidity/ black containers equals lots of work for me . 

Picked a few birthday pods . Green hornets, yellow Jonah's, not douglah's and jays scorps,two sepia serpents  and Birgit's . 

photo_zpsf3cc291d.jpg

Have a great weekend . And pray for my ass  :flamethrower:

photo_zpse023ecc6.jpg

stickman said:

Heh, heh... :flamethrower: :mouthonfire:    Good luck if you think you need it Jamie... ;)

Yes I did need it . Thank goodness for wet wipes :)

chile_freak said:
That's some beautiful poddage my friend! Looking good as always, that choconagabrain looks soooooooooooo evil,I love it!

Thanks paul 

Devv said:
Nice harvest score!

Make sure you mind is right :drunk: and after :flamethrower: Make sure some ice cream is close by ;)

Now you tell me :)

maximumcapsicum said:
PODS! Happy birthday man. All the cool kids are born in June.

Thanks Adam . Gemini's unite !

Roguejim said:
Wow!  Are you a sauce maker?  How do you use your pods?

Jimbo, I am a sauce maker but my specialty is powders. I give away 1/2 if not more of my pods to the chili community . I try to sell a little too but just enough to cover my expenses . 

So last night I broke down and sampled the chocolate nagabrain . I was very reluctant but felt it was mu duty to do so  ;)

IMG_5330_zps6a161f2e.jpg

When I sliced this badboy open I knew I was in for a world of hurt. The oils were oozing off it from all angles . It had a very naga like floral aroma . Only had about 6 or 7 seeds :(

IMG_5331_zps1695821f.jpg

I cut about a dime size piece off and began chewing . The flavor was very fruity . No too much earthiness. Just the way I like it . But with most chocolate supers the flavor was quickly taken over by extreme pain . It felt like I had been chewing on a lump of coal . The gums and cheeks began burning within seconds of contact . Not a creeper like most 7 pots . The pain followed the track of the pepper . Tongue, side of mouth, and down the esophagus and into me belly . My eyes and nose began to cry . This lasted for a good 20 minutes . This would make a great pepper for sauces or powders but fresh I will leave that to the birds . 

IMG_5332_zpsc9db8cac.jpg

Couple pics of my plants now 

Finally seeing some flowers on my rocoto . May be too hot to fruit . Time will tell

IMG_5336_zps4389a5a3.jpg

Not Douglah 

photo_zps481da46e.jpg

Choc scorp X barrackpore from seacowbaoy via junglerqain

IMG_5339_zps964dd9df.jpg

perfect shaped TSMB ( Moruga ) 

photo_zps9c764088.jpg

Evil Jonah from wayright 

IMG_5354_zpscd06dd4b.jpg

Purple bhut X viper is looking much better now that the aphids are dead 

photo_zps5ed44321.jpg

bump please 

compmodder26 said:
That NagaBrain looked and sounded mean Jamie.  Here's your bump!

Thanks Brian . For that act of kindness I will send you a box of pods tomorrow :)

Brainstrain 

IMG_5342_zps6d9564b6.jpg

Aji Chuncho has survived the mites and it growing back nicely 

IMG_5338_zpsb506e030.jpg

choco nagabrain ( you can tell I am favoring this guy ) 

photo_zpsb41330f4.jpg

Lava is reaching the roof . I cannot explain this guy . It's like the energizer bunny 

photo_zpsc23aed02.jpg

Birgit's

IMG_5337_zps3528ddfe.jpg

And back by popular demand Tebow and Ally . Joined at the hip :)

photo_zpsa4a2c8d0.jpg

Have a great week all 

photo_zpsaea634d6.jpg

Good on ya for being game Jamie! :onfire: Your description of the Naga/brains sounds like my first experience with Douglahs, but with a better initial flavor... :)  Have you ever made sauce with the chocolate pods after smoking with cherry wood? I think it's a great combination.

Back