• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Romy6 and Newtune's amateur grow contest!

Show us...

Damn......I was hoping no one would say that. Alright, I'll get some pics when I get home. You'll laugh, but, it is what it is. I am building a Hydro bucket tonight that my largest will be going into. Now, if I can just find my magnifying glass so I can decide which one is the biggest.

Damn......I was hoping no one would say that. Alright, I'll get some pics when I get home. You'll laugh, but, it is what it is. I am building a Hydro bucket tonight that my largest will be going into. Now, if I can just find my magnifying glass so I can decide which one is the biggest.
that sounds like a personal problem to me! make sure we see the bucket!

Well, here they are.

They have been staying very wet for the last month or so. It has been raining almost daily. They get plenty of sun and they look healthy. The largest one will be going into a hydro bucket and maybe I can still pull out a winner.

Well, here they are.

They have been staying very wet for the last month or so. It has been raining almost daily. They get plenty of sun and they look healthy. The largest one will be going into a hydro bucket and maybe I can still pull out a winner.
That does sound like a personal problem :lol:

I guess i need to send my JUJU to newtune since he looks like he's gonna need it. Yeah the too wet killed me this year on seedlings. Hell I still have some in solo cups< 6 in tall. Put them somewhere to dry out a lil... blow a fan on um... something!!!

Thanks, S.S. I may take you up on the Juju. In the mean time, I'll dry 'em out and hope for best. My lawn mower can't catch a break and my peppers have definitely had enough rain.

I hear ya... mow betta mowin' ain't no one mo betta,,, it does look like were crossin the hump... Mixed feelings..., can't wait for the Pompano... gettin that tme of year...!!

They were germinated and put into cups 8/15. :eek:
mine little guys are only like 12days or so younger than yours, and even the 2 little ones in the DWC are actually a little smaller than the ones in the solo cups, i guess i should update my hydro thread. hopefully yours pick up and i would def bring them in over night and havea fan blow on them to speed up the drying out.

Any peppers yet? Not sure who's gonna get the biggest pepper, but are you guys using any special products to "enhance" growth like superthrive or is this an all natural contest?

Can anyone say size matters.lol...I would think potting up those little guys from the solo cups into a lot larger pots with good drainage would help. More root room and more drainage equal happier little pepper.
Also Newtune yours look to be planted in a commercial potting mix for indoor plants while romy6 plants look to be in a compost based mix. In my experience compost based mixes always kick most other mixes butt when it comes to growth of the plants.

Lght. That sound like a good :idea: I will get with Al and make it happen!
I would love a free meal and maybe a new car :party:

Okay well I got another hook from the seeds started in soil. 100% germination without paper towel!

Here is a pic of the two lil guys!

100_2205.jpg
That is a good germination rate. I've been reluctant to bury seeds because I'm concerned I'll bury them too deep or not deep enough & the seed caps won't come off. :oops: So, I've been making a depression in the dirt and dropping the seeds in so that they're in the dark but not covered up. Maybe I need to take the leap and bury some one of these days.

So where are ya'll at? Gonna be a wet windy weekend...
We are here . We are here. :dance: Yeah Conrad I was just wishing I was home to bring all my plants in the garage for the weekend. They are predicting 6 to 8 inches of rain :(
Guess i will be busy tonight :lol:

Any peppers yet? Not sure who's gonna get the biggest pepper, but are you guys using any special products to "enhance" growth like superthrive or is this an all natural contest?
No enhancers but there are no rules so you never know what Al has up his sleeve :lol: But no peppers yet. Gonna get some voodoo on mine to start podding up.

Can anyone say size matters.lol...I would think potting up those little guys from the solo cups into a lot larger pots with good drainage would help. More root room and more drainage equal happier little pepper.
Also Newtune yours look to be planted in a commercial potting mix for indoor plants while romy6 plants look to be in a compost based mix. In my experience compost based mixes always kick most other mixes butt when it comes to growth of the plants.
I potted all mine up so I agree.All in 3 gallons. And yes my mix is the best. I have 3 red habs that have been in the same pots for over 20 months. Still producing pods . :hell: Oh and Al stick with your soil. It's the best

That is a good germination rate. I've been reluctant to bury seeds because I'm concerned I'll bury them too deep or not deep enough & the seed caps won't come off. :oops: So, I've been making a depression in the dirt and dropping the seeds in so that they're in the dark but not covered up. Maybe I need to take the leap and bury some one of these days.
I just put them about 1/2 inch deep in this mix. I only get germination rates like this in june,july,and august. My weather is perfect that time of year :)

Here are mine in there new homes
photo-141.jpg

No enhancers, yet. I may not have a choice but to try some at this point.

Yeah, I really need to pot up. I started my sprouts in commercial mix just because that's all I had on hand the day I did it. I'm too thrifty sometimes and try to use whatever I think may work instead of buying something.

So where are ya'll at? Gonna be a wet windy weekend...

Yep, it's gonna be a washout. The radar map is solid rain.

Newtune, head to the beach and pic up some sargassam, and soak the salt out good... let it dry on the drive way, and crush it up. I use the algae and hydrylla like that. It defiantly works well, and free to boot. I don't know your rules, but i have some under a light... see Steppin it up. Man these things under controlled conditions are kickin ass, and look like the pics from the pro's here...

Back