• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Roots dying in DWC, help!

illWill said:
The upper roots look healthy. Would cutting off the dying ones help? Or is that a bad idea lol
NO NO NO NO NO NO!!! Please don't! let the enzymes do that for you, you need as much healthy root as possible right now. 

Sarge said:
I was going to suggest maybe giving them a hair cut. The thing is though if those roots are dead because of bacteria, its just gonna spread. I'm down in Australia, I can't find hygrozyme, but that stuff looks like the stuff you need. There is nothing wrong with trimming roots, its risky though since the roots which are still healthy are in small numbers. Have you tried adding more oxygen? Another of those air stones and run it on the opposite side of the bucket

My pump is a 400LPH unit twin channel so 200 per channel. I run two air stones in the one bucket and from now on I will be oxygenating my future water changes. I got a new PH probe today. Originally I was on 6 with litmus paper. With the probe I'm on 6 to 6.1.

80F translates to what, 26C. My bucket has never peaked over 24.4C. Does your bucket smell at all?

My plant feels soft, a little wilty. Not sure of the cause, ph is good, roots look good, temps are good, ppms are now upped to 599. Other than the roots though, your plants look brilliant.
Sarge look for Cannazyme I prefer it by quite a ways over hygrozyme.
I have fed 16 plants (small pots tho) with an 80 per channel 2 channel pump with no problem. Get some benes in there fast if they are wilting. Aquashield, orca/great white, and earth worm casting tea. If its wilting, it might be too late... take good care of it, good luck

I'm probably gonna have to order any of that stuff from the internet... not sure it will make it here by Christmas. :/

None of this stuff is down in Australia and its almost double the price of the product to have it posted. This sucks...

Well I just ordered some of that Great White stuff from the US, gonna be here about a week into next year. Today my plant is not wilting and its outdoors. Hopefully it was just hungry.

illWill said:
I'm probably gonna have to order any of that stuff from the internet... not sure it will make it here by Christmas. :/

Sarge said:
None of this stuff is down in Australia and its almost double the price of the product to have it posted. This sucks...

Well I just ordered some of that Great White stuff from the US, gonna be here about a week into next year. Today my plant is not wilting and its outdoors. Hopefully it was just hungry.

Sorry to hear that. If you can still cancel your order, you can just use earthworm castings, aquashield (or another liquid compost) and replace great white or orca with something with these in it:

7qAtqjB.jpg

Add a little bit right away while you make a tea as it says it the compost tea thread.

The old dead roots started growing healthy white root tips.... there may be hope yet!

I can't really afford cannazyme or anything ATM so kind of rolling the dice lol

Yeah that stuff is pricey if you can, I would at least get some earth worm castings -probably the best bang for your buck and will help prevent disease.
If the roots are coming back thats a good sign though and you may just get lucky. What did you change?

Back