• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Rotten seeds in pods

Hi peeps, today i was shifting a few plants around and knocked of a yellow 7 pot pod that was still green but full size, so i opened it to take a look and the seeds looked wet and mushy , is this a sign of to much water?and does this mean that all my pods will have rotten seeds inside?

Wet and mushy would make me think they were still immature. When they go bad they usually turn black and get real funky. If you find another pod of equal size available you might want to check it too, see what stage the seeds are in.

Wet and mushy would make me think they were still immature. When they go bad they usually turn black and get real funky. If you find another pod of equal size available you might want to check it too, see what stage the seeds are in.

+1

I had a bunch of pods last year across several varieties that would mold on the inside. Outside looked beautiful but they were rotten on the inside. I'm not sure how common this is and I never bothered to research it.

It becomes a concern to me when I grind the peppers for sauce. You certainly don't want bad product going in with everything that's good.

Thanks mate, lets hope your right and its just because the pod was immature, if i get any others like it ill take a pic and upload it.

I had a bunch of pods last year across several varieties that would mold on the inside. Outside looked beautiful but they were rotten on the inside. I'm not sure how common this is and I never bothered to research it.

It becomes a concern to me when I grind the peppers for sauce. You certainly don't want bad product going in with everything that's good.

some varieties are more prone to it than others... orange habaneros seem to be a particularly bad offender to me...

Makes me think there is too much moisture when you are drying these. Sounds like you are stringing these up to dry?

Back