• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Ruck for a Cure

Its been a long time since I was on here. Three months ago I lost my mentor and best friend , my father. To a horrible and diblitating disease(cancer). Since i have started a nonprofit org in order to do my part in stopping anyone else from feeling the same pain that I still endure.
http://Www.ruckforacure.org. Three current Drill Sergeants on Feb 2013 are setting down our brown rounds and picking up rucksacks in order to raise money for cancer research. We will be leaving from ocean city,md and ruck marching to san fransisco,CA. All of proceeds go towards the american cancer society and their research program. We are not asking for your money. If you can afford to help in these desperate times than you can donate on the site. If you can not then we just ask that you help spread the word or even join our facebook page.
53c0d4f5.jpg

Condolences Wayne.

Cancer got my pops a few years ago too. Freaking sucked then and it still sucks today.

You and your guys are doing something very cool and I wish you the best and safest trip possible. If any of you happen to pass close to Omaha Nebraska I would be honored to provide a warm bed and a hot meal. God Bless all of you.

My family hasn't had anyone who had to fight this battle but my wife's family has. Please know that out prayers go with you as you prepare to SP and that the word of your mission has been desiminated to everyone we know to follow.

Charlie Mike!
RM
SSG, 13MS8H30
1983 - 2003

We just finished our longest trainup yet. 100 miles with 40lb rucks in 5 days.From sumter,SC to Myrtle beach. Best of all we got to the beach and it was the start of bike week. :dance:

Back