• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

snack-food Ruffles "molten hot wings" flavored potato chips

lol, you have to remember, we are not going to find them hot! If you are an average person who eats mild salsa, thinks fire sauce is hot and uses Tabasco by the drop, then you will probably find these chips to be spicy. I remember when Cruncher's Jalapeno chips were spicy as hell. As well as Flammin' hot cheeto's, pickled jalapenos. So to even think that these were going to be hot in the first place was a mistake on your part lol, not Ruffles. The name and flavor is for the average american. We are not the average. Now I do know they have some new chips out at Walmart (Cringe) that are called Diablo something, and they are made with habanero's. Now my heat level is way beyond anything that I can find commercially but you never know....try those out. Otherwise, I suggest making your own potato chips, they are easy to make and taste soooooo good. You can buy some BBQ seasoning and use some super hot powder.

Use a potato peeler, shave the potato sideways in thin slices, put in some oil, fry and then shake into a bag with some of the powder....wow....you will be amazed at how awesome they taste. (and they will have the heat you want, probably costing less than a bag of chips)

Can't fry taters at work. And yes, even though we can handle food that would killl theaverage person, THESE HAVE NO FRIGGIN' HEAT WHATSOEVER!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't eat at Chili's, there are no chiles!

I've had those chips & wasnt impressed with them either. theres "herbs" or "hebbs" or something like that has louisana pete hot sauce flavored chips which was better than ruffles....though thats not saying much but you tasted hot sauce(not hot enough though)

its a losing battle for chileheads expecting HOT from mass produced companies. though you do find more & more so called hot products coming out & sooner or later some companies gotta come to their senses & sell a product thats truely HOT to back up their claim for the named product.
doritos (sp?) has some hotter versions but you land up with neon red fingers & mouth, & the taste is not that good!
synder jalapeno pretzel bits are good!

You mean Herr's.

I just ate a bag of Utz Honey BBQ. Yum.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha................................Molten hot wings.......

Back