• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

RYMERPT 2015 "BUCKET LIST" grow log

This ladies and gentlemen will be my second year growing peppers. A big shoutout to my friends that have helped me on this journey. Mike, Jojo, Rocketman, Spork, Hogleg, Sicman, SORRY IF I FORGET TO MENTION YOU. These folks and the entire THP community has made me what I am in the pepper world. I have grown 20+ plants on a small appartment balcony and had decent success. My list for 2015 is still up in the air right now, but soon to be. Trying to talk the wife into letting me start the seeds inside before Christmas.

4954279009_how_the_grinch_stole_christmas_xlarge_zpscf4b3936.jpg

Tentitive thoughts about grow list:

Purple jalapeno
Reaper
Ghost
Aji pineapple
Star fish
LemondropXtepin

Gonna try to get seeds planted soon.

Stay tuned.

This year I'm going as big as I can with the pots. My best luck was five gal bucket for my ghost.

I grow peppers for their heat,

I dry, then powder, then eat.

While my grow space is cramped and quite small,

I still worry, and stress for them all.

My days are filled with the thought,

Of was that the best one I bought.

Should I add a Fatalli, a Maruga or Thai,

I love the burn, the sweat, the cry.

Over all I must say that THP made me this way.

Thank you my friends, and have a good day.

Looks like a good variety you have going this season. I'm glad to hear the Reapers are still treating you well! Between the pickles and the new seedlings, it sounds like you're getting as much use out of them as a chilehead can. They couldn't have gone to a better home.
     One critique I could make of your setup is the distance between your light and your seedlings. They look like they're stretching a bit to reach the light. It might be a good idea to add a little soil to the cups to encourage the plants to root a little deeper. Until then, you might want to shove a book or something under the tray to get the leaves a little closer to the light source. 
     Other than that, it's lookin' good. Maybe post some pics of your three Reapers and the one bhut later. They should be fairly easy to tell apart once they put on a few leaves. Reapers tend to have reddish - purple stems. (That is of course if they're pure seed.)
     Good luck!

-HM01

REAPER

10927969_10203429491406550_1493525377_n_zps6002615a.jpg

GHOST

10904226_10203429493286597_1294967545_n_zps59423604.jpg

Set up

10933224_10203429493406600_616363917_n_zps0c081874.jpg

I have had a decent germ rate this year. I have several reapers, ghosts, and a mix of others. Purple jalapenos, those tiny purple ones Hogleg sent me, allepo, chocolate hab, ts yellow, bishops crown. All trying their best to be my favorite. Still waiting on the tepin x lemon drop and a few others. Kinda funny how some are just so damn stubborn to come up.

Just got caught up on your glog Ryme. Lookin good brudda. Are the purple peppers in the purple cups?lol Looks like you're on your way to a awesome grow this year. 
:cheers:  Ryme

No the purple cups were extra imported cups. Wife is a purple nut. Hell we even had a purple car for a while. Tough to go fishin in a purple car and not get jumped.

I am determined to grow a lemondrop X tepin this year. The t1s that i planted have not come up. I just added 4 t2s to he heatmat.

I told the rest on the heatmat that they needed to hook before Saturday morning. Well, it Saturday morning. Heat mat has been put away for 2015. I have a good amount of seedlings and am set for a good season. Some seeds did notwant to come out and play, but WHAT EVER.

Sooooooo

Yesterday I pull into this guys driveway to do his pest control service, get out of my work truck, look down and see a watch. Weird, thought I. Ibent down to pick it up and see that its a gold fucking ROLEX. Now I already know that this guy is loaded, hell he drives a Tesla. The Rolex is totally real and 18k solid gold. I knock, no one home. I radio the office and my boss calls the guy. I spend the rest of the day with a 4-8k watch in my pocket. I get back to the office for the evening and dude calls and says that his son lost a gold rolex. We had not ID the watch. Totally his sons. I make arrangements to take it to him today. Deliver it to him and get a reward check of 50$.

Score!

Yea, coulda kept it, but my mommy always taught me to be a good kid.

50$ COOL!

Back