• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Ⓢⓟⓘⓒⓔⓖⓔⓘⓢⓣ ❷⓿❶❺

This year I'm not growing a whole lot, but enough to keep me happy :)

The first to sprout are Pink Tiger, can you see them here?:

I also have a couple of plants I started a while back, here are a some baby red bhut pods:

Spicegeist said:
I've been thinking about this for a while and have made a decision regarding my pepper growing activities.

I've come to the conclusion that my pepper hobby is taking up too much of my energy.  For a while it was a good distraction, soothing and helpful for me, but now it has become something of a burden.  I've decided to finish up this season and then call it quits.  I'll share some peppers and seed to help keep the varieties and crosses going, but other than that I'm going to focus on other aspects of my life while I wind this hobby down.

Thanks for being supportive and for being a part of the experience with me on here, it's been fun... but all things come to an end.
:cheers:

Bon voyage,
Spicegeist
Charles really sorry to read this ... your glog has been truely inspirational ...

Spicegeist said:
I've been thinking about this for a while and have made a decision regarding my pepper growing activities.

I've come to the conclusion that my pepper hobby is taking up too much of my energy.  For a while it was a good distraction, soothing and helpful for me, but now it has become something of a burden.  I've decided to finish up this season and then call it quits.  I'll share some peppers and seed to help keep the varieties and crosses going, but other than that I'm going to focus on other aspects of my life while I wind this hobby down.

Thanks for being supportive and for being a part of the experience with me on here, it's been fun... but all things come to an end.

Bon voyage,
Spicegeist
Hope one day to see you back!
Otherwise it's fine, for sure your growing and pods have been some of the most memorable i've seen.

Spicegeist said:

Bon voyage,
Spicegeist

Sorry to hear, your threads are some of the most inspirational Charles.
I think you just need to scale down but it's not easy when you have access to hundred varieties/crosses...
This season i've been forced by events to do it (i've only 10 plants going as we speak) and i've found the 'hobby' much easier to handle and enjoyable.
I believe this can be useful to me in the next years when hopefully i'll be able to grow more freely and with more space.

Whatever your decision, all the best!

Datil

Man, really sorry to see you go but great to hear you've got other things in life to focus on and are passionate about. Anyways enjoyed seeing the pics and following the glog. Best of luck.

As far as the choco bhuts, I'll probably be in the minority and prefer the second set. Most probably go for the first due to the extra bumps. I'd expect the second to be thicker flesh and just as hot.

Also let me know if I can carry the torch on that cross you've been working on. What exactly are we looking at?

Genetikx said:
As far as the choco bhuts, I'll probably be in the minority and prefer the second set. Most probably go for the first due to the extra bumps. I'd expect the second to be thicker flesh and just as hot.

Also let me know if I can carry the torch on that cross you've been working on. What exactly are we looking at?

Interesting choice.  After cracking a bunch of them open, the smoother ones have more placenta and are hotter.

As for crosses, I've got all kinds of stuff... I might make a post later on at the end of the season about that.

Spicegeist said:
As for crosses, I've got all kinds of stuff... I might make a post later on at the end of the season about that.
Contrarirly to the trend i don't care too much for superhots or shu record wannabes. I would be very interested in keeping alive some of your chinense x (annuum of frutescens or wild) crosses and true to form bhuts/nagas like your excellent yellow bhut pheno.
Nice pods btw, i always prefer thinner skinned ones :)

Best

Datil

Back