• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

SadisticPepper's (aka Elcap1999's) 2013/2014/2015 Oceanside glog update

Unfortunately, about half of the trays I had set up got shriveled up on account of a nasty wind storm drying them out. Oddly enough all the plants I had potted up already made it through without a problem, so I've spent the last couple of days redoing the ones I had seeds for, and the ones I didn't I just swapped them out with ones I recently got from PepperLover. Here's a couple pics:

Here's the trays I set out yesterday and today
IMG_5996-vi.jpg

On the left (going top to bottom, I have Red Brain strains, Red Morugas and Yellow Morugas. The middle group is Chocolate Morugas, Red Bhuts and White Bhuts, and on the right is Purple Bhuts on one half, and orange bhuts on the other half of the first tray, and Red Butch T's on the 2nd tray

Here's a little color coded legend I put together to keep them all straight. The color for the chocolate moruga didn't quite come out too well in the printer.
IMG_5997-vi.jpg

Thanks, and I know. I sometimes get so wrapped up in other things, I just forget to do so :P

Hey juanitos!

I've been unusually busy the last couple months. Spent several weeks going through a big interview series for a promotion at work that I got, and this week, I had to go through all the security stuff for it, which was more of a formality at this point, but it had to be done.

So as a result of this and several other things (busted AC in the house, house guest, etc.), the peppers took a back seat, and letting the plants rest. But rest assured, I'll ramp things back up sooner rather than later :)

Taking a momentary breather for right now. I admit, the last few months, I've been neglecting my pepper plants, and let them get choked and overgrown with weeds, but at least I had a decent reason with the strong possibility of the promotion. I was torn between working on my plants and not getting too ahead of myself because if I got the promotion, it would have meant moving to Washington DC, and over a month ago, I had the 2nd of two interviews. Since then, I haven't heard a word, and I'm guessing they decided to go with someone else. The fact they flew me out for the 2nd interview on their dime showed how serious they were about me, so I didn't want to do much in terms of the peppers lest I be forced to move.

This week though, I decided to go out into my garden and pull out the 4+ months' worth of overgrowth that had taken over the area, and puled everything out, pepper plants included, to plan for both contingencies. If I do wind up getting the job, I'd have to do this anyway, and let the grass come back in naturally. If I don't then the plants that were there would've died from being choked out by all the weeds, and I'd have to start over anyway. So I'm getting all the stuff out, and putting new drip irrigation stuff there, as well as planting all new plants, getting down to fewer varieties (but still a bunch of colors), and getting ready to beat the cooldown that's inevitable for a South Florida winter with established plants.

Back