• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Sali mans 1st grow log ever

mybaby046.jpg

mybaby040.jpg

mybaby039.jpg

mybaby041.jpg

a little sneak peak of my plants
mybaby049.jpg

mybaby032.jpg

two of my naga morich plants
mybaby048.jpg

1 of 8 of the bird eye frome last year just never stopped giving peppers
mybaby047.jpg

the only Zimbabwe birds eye i got

That's sucky, Saliman. Glad you have some in the ground for
safe keeping. It would seem so easy to grow over there, why
would anyone have to resort to theft? I hope they are allergic to cap oil!

Anyway, you have some great plants growing there; here's to a great harvest :cheers:

True true it is real easy growing stuff here. It's really nice out here we get nothing but two weathers rain and sun. Are temperatures range in at about 84-93 degrees all year around .
Lol thinking back ya it does suck but am kinda glad I got some plant taken. I had some real high germinations A lot of space but a really big slug problem. I had almost lost all my sweet and mild peppers by them. If I can find a way to keep them out man oh man. Definitely when I move to a new location hopefully in 2013. I'll be back home in 3 days hopefully all my plants are all alive . Been gone for 2  and half weeks so I won't be surprised if there not it good shape or dead. ill just have to start all over. I'll put a update when I get back.

Welcome sali man...Those peppers your calling birdseye, is that the native boonie pepper?
How long are they? Some members have boonie peppers, myself included. At least we
think we do. Last year I had some that average 3/4" long. Since you live in Guam, your
the perfect person to ask....

Linda

I think I may have been too excited to get my peppers started .lol I failed to notice the rainy season was just around the corner. It looks like it will be raining till the end off the month I guess. them peppers i put in the ground drowned while i was gone. lucky thing left some in pot s pots and some in the plastic cups. as of whats left is 4 Mustar,3Habs, 3 XXLBhut, 2 naga Morich's, 1 Yatzy, 4 Butch T's, 1 Jamaican scotch Bonnet and them tall ass sali peppers that never seen to stop growing lol.
some plants had all yellow leaves, others had hardly any leaves.they all had something in common they were all infested with them white bugs under the leaves and the top new leave were all shaped funky. I had Chopped all that funky top leaves off some took off all the leave with a lot of them white flies on them and gave them a nice drink of some fert. its been two weeks now every thing seems to be jumping back with some nice new growth.. my Naga's are putting out new flowers . This thing doesn't want to stop putting pods. Which is good I guess this time I wont be gone to see them all ripe. My old sali trees are just going crazy right now . I had cut them back before I left but that just made thing worse they got way taller. I got a few of them reaching 6ft wich is really not normal I guess because them suckers are really old . Still waiting on some seed to come in. am slowly getting my seed starting supplies geared up for some new pepper ive never tried. hopefully the rain will clear by the end of the September .

Your seeds will be shipping out monday.

090812115647.jpg

These are my boonies. They will be going into fina'denne today for meats and red rice.

butch T comming back with som massive leaves
87215F07.jpg

the plant started puting out pods real early been pinching it latly and left one to see wat come
out of it and here it is not the shape i wanted but the expected heat and unexcpected placenta
14BC6730.jpg

the Giant Bhut
3DE6FC6A.jpg

jamaican yellow squash
DB9987ED.jpg

yatzy
2269768B.jpg

fatalii
AAA2FD4B.jpg
h
the smallest of them all
8AAC5A7D.jpg

so far so good i seem to get that fungus out did a litle pinching and now there all looking good
I just need to get them out of this nasty rain i been geting too much of

Great looking plants there. Huge leaves on some. Wicked amount of placenta in the Butch T. Had to Google fina'denne. Sounds tasty. I may try to make some.

lol thanks doc! as for that fina'denne its a must when it comes to eating in my Island . there are just so many ways of making it , it realy all depends on the way you like it.

I have two humidity that's going on two weeks so far I got 5 chocolate habs 7 primos 15+fataliis Trinidad 5 Congo Trinidad scorpion SR
2 brain strains and more dint really get a good look just got out of work at 1030 pm and ate a late dinner with the wife for her bday so ill prob do another up date in the morning or when I get off am sure there is more am just counting what I can see 1am in the morning you all take it easy I gotta sleep now got to work at 8 shoot

Thank You John, peter and pepperjoe for the seeds
D2BA30A7.jpg

This is what I got so far aparently i have more that germinated. i thined out some that had two to 3 sprouts in it. so now i have
3 flats. I was not expecting this much am sure the people I got in to pepper would like them lol

crazy looking Brain strain red with 3 leaves
4959C5AA.jpg

7 pod congo SR all came up top right yellow 7 pot real freaky stuff Ive never seen 1 seed two stems
6699EE5E.jpg

Peru yellow cross
4FFAD044.jpg

Fatalii 100% germ as well
A8916C20.jpg

Twisted chocolate habanero (cmpman1974) given to me by pr0digal_son real stoked to grow this one real good germ rate on this one.
AB5A6FB8.jpg

the primos far top 2 rows
3E52735E.jpg

some more fatalii expiriment with some homemade compost and a little perl lite not bad at all

these ill seperate them later and give it to family, friends and coworkers
6E0B5F6A.jpg

Still got more waiting to germinate hope its the reapers
thats all for now need to soak some seed starter medium .
shooot thak for looking ;)

Glad you received the seeds and they are germinating well. Make sure you put a fan on the seedlings and get your light closer to them. If you aren't using a light then rotate your your trays everyday to keep them growing straight. Shoot me your finna dene recipe when you get a chance.

will do thanks for the heads up
here is the recipe its not the best and I dont realy use mesuring cups am just guestimating . I would useally go by my tast
so if its too salty add lemmon or its too sour add more soy sauce it really all depends how u like it a lot of people have different
tast of how they like it
my recipe
1/2 cup soy sauce use Kikkoman soy sauce is a must
1/2Juice of a ripe lemon or calamansi
1-2 stalks green onion diced
1/2 onion diced
10 sali peppers or half a tbl spoon of naga paist
5 chery tomattos (not whole) sliced
Cucumbers - diced
to tell u the truth it tast even better when u soak it for a couple of days

rota recipe
about 1/2 a tea spoon salt
3 table spoon aji
1tea spoon
little water
1 table spoon Donne' Dinanche

basic recipe
  • 1/2 cup vinegar
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce Kikkoman brand
  • 1/2 cup onion, diced
  • 1/2 cup green onion, sliced
  • 2 habanero (optional) or 2 -3 jalapeno peppers, roasted on the stovetop

Thanks.... We have it in the fridge at all times. My mother-in-law just tosses stuff together as she has been making it for 60 years.I put different peppers in it but it's not the same without frutescens. Thinking about some chicken kelaguen with jalapenos and lumpia.mmmmmmm

just got done changing out the soil from some of my seedlings . I had a flat that i started in some jiffy seed starting mix and some started in jiffy pellets . crazy thing is I got real good germination's on the flat with the jiffy seed starting mix and less on the pellets .
what freaked me out was the ones in the jiffy mix were growing really slow . the ones that germinated in the pellets are getting real big putting out there second set of true leaves . the ones in the jiffy mix are still putting out there 1st set of true leaves but most of them with just the cotyledons. so I took them out of the jiffy shit soil and put them in a mix i made up last year and some in the pellet. am pretty much just waiting on another flat to pop .
044C86F4.jpg

Nice grow SM, sounds like you've got the germinating thing locked down. That one big red naga looks meeeeeeeean. People stealing your plants......hope they get burned up real good on an empty stomach! Here's a few pointers.

You had a picture of a plant, pulled out of its pot and the roots were spiraling the bottom. Make sure to untangle those roots and have them hanging down when you pot them up or plant them in the ground. If you leave them spiraled like that, you will have less growth. I know because I did it myself this year and the ones that I dug up and untangled did way better.

If you want to get rid of those slugs, take some kind of flat container (or something like a milk container bottom cut off) and fill it with beer. Put them next to the slug infested plants, they will crawl in and drown. They love the beer lol

Or you can take salt and shake it all over the affected plants, it will shrivel them up and dry them out and then in an hour or so, you can wash it off when they are dead.

Last but not least, food grade diatomeceous earth works really good too. It will take care of any exoskeleton type bug (it kills the good bugs too though) (safe for the plants as long as you don't drown them in it and leave them lol) sprinkle it around the base of the plant, in a circle. Make sure to use food grade though and not the kind they put in pool filters. It can be found at most bigger hardware stores.

Good luck with the rest of your grow!

Back