• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Same packet of seeds .. Now 2 different plants!

I would take some photos, but my wife is out of the country now, and she has the camera.

I purchased a packet of 'Thai Dragon' (variation of 'Birds Eye') seeds online awhile back. I grew some in separate pots. You can tell the plants are the same species by the shape of the leaves, but one plant has small leaves, while the other has leaves twice the size.

In fact, the plant that has the larger leaves was planted later (is younger), and is now only 1/2 the total size of the older plant with the smaller leaves.

Both plants are very healthy, but are still too young to produce peppers.

Anyone ever experience anything like this?

I did find this photo of the older plant (with the smaller leaves), but if I now had my camera, I would put the 2 plants next to each other so you could see the difference in leaf sizes:

Peppers1.jpg

hey, I got 2 plants from the same package of seeds and one matures red while the other matures yellow.

Needless to say, neither show any particular Scotch Bonnet shape (as advertised on the package :D)

cheers, Al

Al-from-Chile said:
hey, I got 2 plants from the same package of seeds and one matures red while the other matures yellow.

Needless to say, neither show any particular Scotch Bonnet shape (as advertised on the package :D)

cheers, Al

I'll do ya one better:  3 Bhut varieties (Red, Orange, Yellow) from 1 ten seed packet.  All I ordered was red.  I love a bonus.  :)

All the time.
Most of my seeds come from OP sources, and the ones I take out of purchased pods are a crap shoot.

Really interesting when you take seeds from a pod, and those seeds produce both true and crosses.

All part of the game, and I only get a bit cross when it happens with expensive seeds from *isolated* plants.

I was looking at the pic, and thought that sure looks like Fl. Then I saw your sig "sw fl.
Used to visit Seaside in the gulf next Grayton Beach. Sure miss it!

Curious to see what will become of those 2 plants (If they will produce the same kind of pepper or are different from eachother)
Keep us posted, will be following this thread.

Back