• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Same Sex Marriage - Now legal in all 50 States

Koolaid.jpg

Edit, had to fix the pic. Stupid mobile version. :rolleyes:

Heckle said:

No it's not.

It would have to be false. It's not.
The Straw Man fallacy is committed when a person simply ignores a person's actual position and substitutes a distorted, exaggerated or misrepresented version of that position. This sort of "reasoning" has the following pattern:

1. Person A has position X.
  2. Person B presents position Y (which is a distorted version of X).
  3. Person B attacks position Y.
  4. Therefore X is false/incorrect/flawed.
This sort of "reasoning" is fallacious because attacking a distorted version of a position simply does not constitute an attack on the position itself. One might as well expect an attack on a poor drawing of a person to hurt the person.

SavinaRed said:
Some people love their dogs cats and pets more than they do human beings. Maybe the feds should pass a law for those who want to marry their animals and make bestiality legal in all 50 states. Just sayin...........

This is a straw man argument.

SavinaRed said:

The Straw Man fallacy is committed when a person simply ignores a person's actual position and substitutes a distorted, exaggerated or misrepresented version of that position. This sort of "reasoning" has the following pattern:

1. Person A has position X.
  2. Person B presents position Y (which is a distorted version of X).
  3. Person B attacks position Y.
  4. Therefore X is false/incorrect/flawed.
This sort of "reasoning" is fallacious because attacking a distorted version of a position simply does not constitute an attack on the position itself. One might as well expect an attack on a poor drawing of a person to hurt the person.

I simply unmetaphored your opinion and exposed the vain. In fact I undistorted your position from its nice little hiding place.

The fact that other people noticed it too should serve as sufficient proof.

Man up sissy.

Heckle said:

I simply unmetaphored your opinion and exposed the vain. In fact I undistorted your position from its nice little hiding place.

Man up sissy.
now you resort to ad hominem . have you ever debated before on a public forum heckle ?

SavinaRed said:
now you resort to ad hominem . have you ever debated before on a public forum heckle ?

This is a private forum according to the rules page.

Have you even ever read before?

Once you start lying about strawmen and I pull your man card its no longer "at the man".
Hell once you called people animals for simply being homosexual you kinda lost man status.

None of your incessant posturing is going to fix what you said.

Heckle said:

This is a private forum according to the rules page.

Have you even ever read before?

Once you start lying about strawmen and I pull your man card its no longer "at the man".
 have at heckle you can say whatever you want its your right, but everyone has a right to be wrong. in this case you were wrong as I never equated the two you imagined it in your own mind. 

SavinaRed said:
 have at heckle you can say whatever you want its your right, but everyone has a right to be wrong. in this case you were wrong as I never equated the two you imagined it in your own mind. 

Two other people at the very least, which I already stated....

Heckle said:

Man up sissy.

...proves you are lying about it only being in my mind.

Lying about the strawman.

Lying about what you said.

Man up.

the ad hominems continue. I see you are not willing to have a civil conversation and of course you have the only valid view on the topic. 

SavinaRed said:
the ad hominems continue. I see you are not willing to have a civil conversation and of course you have the only valid view on the topic. 

No, other people in this thread have a valid view. Just not you.

Please tell me how starting off your end of the debate by equating homosexuals to animals was in any way civil?

I'm kinda done slapping you around now. The last question was rhetorical.

Back