• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Sandgropers 2010/2011 Growlog

Transplanted today 01/02/11

2 X bhut Jolokia

5 X 92470065 Brazil

2 X C. Annuum var glabriusculum CAP539

3 X CGN16982 C. Annuum

3 X CGN17174 C. Baccatum

1 X CAP1445 C.Charcoense Hunz

1 X Pimenta Malaquetta C.Frutescens

1 X Besslers Cherry C. Annuum

1 X 7 pod/pot Primo P.M.

1 X 7 Pod/pot Primo C.P.

1 X peri peri C. Baccatum

4 X C. Parvifolium C.P.

1 X Devils Lambs Heart

2 X Tabasco short Yellow C. Frutescens

1 X Chichin Ucho C . Baccatum

1 X Exploding Fire C. Baccatum

1 X Bolivian mini

3 X Indian PC1 C.Frutescens

3 X Faria C.Chinense

1 X CGN 2080 C. Chinense

2 X Aji Red TGSC

1 X Inca Berry C. Chinense

1 X Grif 9233 Costa Rica C. Chinense

1 X Orange Cheiro Peach Strain C. Chinense

1 X gold bullet C. Chinense

3 X Nepalese Bell C. Chinense

2 X Jamaican Red C. Chinense

3 X Red Dominican C. Chinense

I have 5 more trays of 90 each that I have transplanted already into 1/2 liter bags but I wasnt as efficient then and didnt list them as I went. So I will list them when I get some time or when I move, transplant on or rearrange them. Some of that lot will be multiples.
I also have another 200 or so in 4" pots waiting to be potted on into blue drums etc, Most of them are individuals but repeats of what I already have in the beds around the house(which are growing at an incredible rate)
One more full seedling tray (20 varieties) ready to be transplanted in a day or two, These will be transplanted into 1/2 liter bags @ 90 each per bread crate.
25 Blue drums (our 22 gal US 26 gal size) with 3 plants in each.
All of the above are still to be listed.
I also have the 4 more seedling trays planted 13/01/11 listed in my growlog that wont be ready to transplant for another 4 weeks or so. These will go from seedling trays to 1/2 liter bags @ 90 each per bread crate.
Plus this Sunday is another planting day and I hope to get another couple of hundred varieties planted then. I am aiming for pubescens, frutescens, c.sp's (about 70 varieties),annuums(about 60 varieties) and the rest of my chinenses (about 70 varieties) on Sunday. Busy couple of days coming up.
That will only leave me with about 350 varieties (all annuums) left to plant in March. Most of the varieties planted from Jan on I dont really expect to get pods off this season, they will be overwintered and transplanted out early next season.
I have overwintered in the 1/2 liter bags really sucessfully before so I dont see too much problem in doing it again.

Aren't you starting a bit late, even for Perth standards?

I guess you guys are a bit like Melbourne, probably even less of a risk from frost than what we have, but still, there's a lot more to gain from planting in early October than say Jan/Feb?

Aren't you starting a bit late, even for Perth standards?

I guess you guys are a bit like Melbourne, probably even less of a risk from frost than what we have, but still, there's a lot more to gain from planting in early October than say Jan/Feb?

Mate I dont worry about that. If they are too late for this season they all just overwinter and have a flyer for the next. I did it by accident one year when I never got a chance to plant a heap out and they gave me the best crop ever the following season. So if youve got the room try it.

Back