• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Sandwich of the Month

Hey y'all. A recent discussion with THP about Cuban sandwich's in another thread has inspired me to begin this thread.

What is a sandwich? According to wiki...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandwich

I myself shall endeavor to post a Sandwich of the Month for every month. This month I tip my hat to one of my favorite sandwiches, The Cuban.

While I encourage y'all to post up your Cuban for SOTM, for the sake of popularizing the thread, feel free to post your sandwich. Be it BLT, turkey sub, gyro, po'boy, etc.

Some rules.

1 ~ Meet the criteria as linked above according to wiki.

2 ~ True, burgers are sandwiches but as we have other threads devoted to them, we will not include them here in this thread. No burgers.

3 ~ List ingredients and methods of how the sandwich was put together.

4 ~ No matter if it is a classic reuben or tuna salad, include a heat ingredient.

5 ~ Pics are mandatory. Talk is cheap. Show us the money!

6 ~ No tortillas. We have taco threads already, and that also means no stinkin' "wraps".

7 ~ Have fun.

I'll post up my sandwich shortly.

Bon appetit!

I'd love to eat that sandwich.

But I haven't eaten a sandwich in a long time.

My dear sweet wife keeps me too busy.

Cutting the grass.

Washing her truck.

Cleaning the house.

And making HER sandwiches.

I like to be liking the sound of that smoked serrano mayo.

It's been a while since I posted here, so here is tonight's dinner. 

Ciabatta roll with Black pepper Pepato cheese on one side, and Polish sausage and homemade sausage (you can never have too much sausage in a sammich  :P ) on the other. Toasted under the grill and sauced with SBR's BBQ sauce.
RlEyo6p.jpg

Pulled roast Lamb next, then sauced again with my Scarlet Pain sauce. 
atWGwK6.jpg

Then some fresh lettuce and Parsley from the garden. 
HA4haqu.jpg

iavh9gi.jpg

Money shot.
cyXUfVu.jpg

:metal:
SR.

Holy friggin crap such awesome!

For some reason on the lamb with those fresh herbs I was picturing how a few sprigs of mint would have set it off.

Thanks guys. For me the balance of flavors was perfect, I'm not sure about the addition of mint as I'm not a huge fan of it. I would have preferred some more fresh ingredients like some sweet peppers,  tomatoes or cucumbers to lessen the blow to my arteries, but I didn't have any available. 

I don't like mint either. But Americans eat it with lamb and it just works.

if you want something a bit out of the box google fresh figs plus lamb.     there are a few variations.. morrocan spicy lamb  and figs or a few for roast lamb with a fresh fig gastrique .   The gastrique sounds kinda weird but acid with the sweet fig works crazy good with the strong flavours and richness of lamb. 

The Hot Pepper said:
Yoy should try it. Gets them extra white.

In Alaska.

Many natives utilize the whole fish.

The meat.

The head.

Skin.

Roe.

And yes.

The milt.

Fried up in a pan.

I've never tried it.

Fried salmon skin is like salmon bacon.

Roe mixed in scrambled eggs for breakfast.

Super wombat goodern' hell.

Salmon is a super food.

BH9M6Y3.jpg

hWPIGhj.jpg

fcnSbca.jpg
5jgkQ0R.jpg
jNYyBZO.jpg

Sandwich;  Tomato basil bread, spinach, yellow heirloom tomato, smoked turkey, smoked Gouda, yellow aji margariteno,and orange space chili, smoked Serrano pow and Rocoto-Loco mixed with mayo.

Salad; Spinach, carrot, red bonnet-bell pepper, English cucumbers, feta cheese, blue cheese, shredded Parmesan cheese, wasabi/soy wanton strips,ground cherries, avocado ranch dressing. 

:cheers:

Back