• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Saving seeds...

I just recently bought some great looking poblanos at the supermarket. I saved all the seeds and actually planted a few to see if they would germinate. As for the remainder of the seeds.....is there any special set of steps that I need to take to preserve them? So far, I've dried them out on a paper towel. Can I just place them in a paper envelope and store them in a dry spot? Thanks in advance!

Store them in the fridge, inside of a freezer zip lock back. Put a piece of paper inside of the zip lock to check for moisture. Thats what I am doing.

Here's a question, im new to pepper growing so it probably sounds dumb, but when is the Earlyest you can use seeds from a mature pod, i mean is it neccecary to dry the seeds out if you just want to plant them straight away ?

New Pepper said:
Here's a question, im new to pepper growing so it probably sounds dumb, but when is the Earlyest you can use seeds from a mature pod, i mean is it neccecary to dry the seeds out if you just want to plant them straight away ?

You can plant them straight away - who dries them in nature? ;)

That could be the case in many circumstances i would imagine. They can also be spread by birds in which case they would be coated in poop :D

Hmm i may have to try coating them in poop if all else fails :)
How much are Bhut Jolokia seeds in Aussie and America ?

I just got 40 seeds for $9.
So it would have costed me $21.80 at your prices if you do the USD --> NZD Conversions.
It must have been a good deal then :)

New Pepper said:
I just got 40 seeds for $9.
So it would have costed me $21.80 at your prices if you do the USD --> NZD Conversions.
It must have been a good deal then :)

It was a good deal if it comes out true.
Wasent from ebay i hope? ;)

I got 15 pods for $7.00, I must have gotten about 100+ seeds. Tho, I did have to go thru each pod and carefully remove all the seeds, but IMO it was worth it.

$7 for 100+ seeds is a bloody good deal... hope you used gloves lol "my eyes... ze goggles, zey do nothing!"

orrevs said:
It was a good deal if it comes out true.
Wasent from ebay i hope? ;)

If it wasnt there will be a certain lady with a very angry customer on her hands demanding a full refund + Tax

Back