• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

sboustani2023 first timer, growing habanero/jalapeno/cayenne

Hey I just wanted to log my progress, and find any help that I need lol. I'm not really an experienced grower, I have an apple tree I planted in my front lawn and I have put some grass seed on my lawn before. 

4/12
Started germination of the (red,yellow, chocolate) Habanero, paper towel in zip lock bag method

4/21
Transferred to jiffy small pot when tails came out of the seeds

4/25
Started germination of Jalapeno/Cayenne/Pimiento, paper towel in zip lock bag method

4/29
Small sprouts came up, 1 Chocolate, 1 Red, and 3 Yellow

4/30
Transferred to jiffy small pot when tails came out Jalapeno/Cayenne/Pimiento

5/3
Chocolate Habanero has first set of true leaves coming out, the rest have just the starter leaves.

Growing under LED, using fish fertilizer and hydroponic nutrient once a week and alternating.
box_zps81irdj66.jpg

plant_zpsh6a8nj4x.jpg

Golden Cayenne and Dragon Cayenne both have a bunch of peppers just waiting for them to change colors, ghost pepper is dropping flowers and none of them seem to have any pollen but from what I have read online that is normal for awhile? Scotch Bonnet has little buds everywhere and a bunch of flowers, about 10 very small peppers on it right now.

My helpers lol

Ghost Pepper has about 3 flowers on it, about 6 have dropped

Scotch Bonnet

Tiny pepper haha

LOL so after your recommendation of staking them, it stormed and wind was pretty rough...all plants are ok but a couple that had some bigger peppers on them were left leaning haha. So I order some Bamboo stakes off Amazon!

Dragon Cayenne, just waiting and waiting for them to turn red!!!

Golden Cayenne

Ghost pepper plant kept dropping flowers, so I removed all the flower buds I could find and has really grown since doing so, hoping the next set that have started to show up will produce some peppers.

Scotch Bonnet Red, this thing is a pepper and flowering machine!

Little Orange Habanero plant has a few small flowers.

That's it for now I'm about to head on a vacation for fourth of July, hopefully the plants will be fine when I get back and full of peppers lol

KAOS said:
So you gone from seed to fruit in around 2 months ?
My Jalapenos/ Slim Cayennes I grew from seed just started to fruit, the 3 plants with big peppers were bought, look a couple posts back at my updated grow list, it states which ones I grew from seed and which ones I bought as plants. I had a few of my first Habaneros die :( but the rest from seeds are doing well.

sboustani2023 said:
My Jalapenos/ Slim Cayennes I grew from seed just started to fruit, the 3 plants with big peppers were bought, look a couple posts back at my updated grow list, it states which ones I grew from seed and which ones I bought as plants. I had a few of my first Habaneros die :( but the rest from seeds are doing well.

Must have missed that post lol. Though you had some secret ingredient. :onfire:

Just got back in from vacation, it stormed alot while I was gone, plants look good with the exception of a few that look like some bugs got them, I sprayed them down with some insect soap. The scotch bonnets really got big while I was gone, and one of my Cayenne peppers is finally changing colors! Also my Orange Habanero has a tiny pepper whoo first habanero pepper :)

I'll grab some more pictures in a couple of days, only a couple of the peppers have the scotch bonnet shape.

My seed order from pepper lovers came in while I was out too, gonna start some just for trying out a small grow tent I set up in the garage.

Happy late Fourth, hope everyone had a good one!

Been getting alot of rain here lately, took a toll on some of my smaller plants, hopefully they will bounce back.

Got some plants with there first fruit! And my first pepper to change to red, getting exciting now :)

Just noticed this guy today, first fruit on this gold Baccatum

Here's a better shot of the flower.

Ghost Pepper finally set fruit! After removing all the pods awhile ago it grew super fast and now it has a bunch of buds everywhere.

First ghost pepper fruit yay!

Scotch Bonnet Red

Underside view

Dragon Cayenne is almost done turning red!

Orange Habanero

Orange Habanero fruit

Golden Cayenne

White Ghost Pepper, didn't think this one was gonna make it, when I got it in the mail it only retained two leafs, now it is a small bush, no buds years tho.

Looking good Sami. That pic of the dragon is awsome and the SB is filling out nicely with pods.

What is the zip lock bag for?

The ziplock bag is on a limb I'm trying to graft, it is from my white habanero plant. My friend has a bell pepper plant and im gonna try and graft one of my hot peppers limb onto his. The one I'm doing is just to see if I can get it to work lol. I watched a couple YouTube vids on the process, I basically just made a V cut on one limb and a slit into the Cayennes limb and slide it in, then used my stake tape to hold it together.

Picked some pods after work yesterday, dragon and gold cayenne :)

Scotch Bonnets are finally changing colors I was starting to get worried lol.

I tried crossing a couple different peppers, got one to stick.

I tried a couple grafts, my ghost pepper plant has a scotch bonnet limb on it and vice versa. I'll take the clips and plastic off after another week, seems to be working the leaves still look fine, hope to see new growth on the grafted limb soon.

Ghost Pepper x Gold Baccatum

Grafted Scotch Bonnet limb on Ghost Pepper

All plants have started to set fruit except datil sweet, grabbed some pictures this morning of the progress so far. Some experiments I have been doing as well, the Ghost Pepper X Gold Baccatum cross ended up falling off I don't think it was a problem with the cross it was just really hot here for awhile and the ghost pepper plant didn't really like that it ended dropping all flowers and only 1 pepper lasted lol but it has alot more starting to come back now.

Trying to cross Gold Baccatum x Scotch Bonnet now, I really am trying to just get one cross so I can grow it out next season!

Also the graft I made on the Red Savina worked out, it is a ghost pepper limb on it.

Anyways here are the pictures

White Ghost Pepper

Aji Yellow

Scotch Bonnet

Orange Habanero

Gold Baccatum

Ghost pepper limb on Red Savina

Pimineto

White Habanero

Tabasco

Dragon Cayenne

Jalapenos

Cayenne

Ghost Pepper Plant

Gold Baccatum x Scotch Bonnet waiting for it to take...

My only Ghost Pepper lol it is sacred to me, until more come

It's strange that your Dragon Cayennes hang like that. I have grown a few that I got from home depot and several from seed that I had saved from those plants, and they always grow with the peppers pointing straight up in the air.

PepperGuyDavid said:
It's strange that your Dragon Cayennes hang like that. I have grown a few that I got from home depot and several from seed that I had saved from those plants, and they always grow with the peppers pointing straight up in the air.

Some of them do, and I have had a couple point straight up. I tried to find out the difference between cayenne and dragon cayenne and all I found was that it is a cross between Tai and cayenne? which would explain yours pointing up and a few of mine pointing up. And thanks my plants could look better tho lol they are not as healthy as others I have seen, I think my soil is to blame...

I was wondering what you guys think of my white ghost pepper, I bought it online and the pictures they have of the pepper are like a ghost shape but more smooth, the peppers I have coming in look different like have tails and are very bumpy.

I believe they will be white because they are very pale green, but the shape and texture look different?

Back