• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Schrade's 2014 Grow Log

So I am a few days behind on this, but thought I would go ahead and start a grow log to share my 2014 grow. I actually planted on 12 January and already have some hooks! (Pictures to come this weekend). I've always grown some vegetable, but a friend introduced me to THP and I've been hooked every since. Thanks to everyone who helped make the below grow list possible, I really appreciate it and hope to pay it forward in the future.

2014 Grow List:

Lilac Bell
Green Bell
Banana
Red Pimiento
Aji Dulce
NuMex Suave Orange
Trinidad Scorpion Sweet
NuMex Big Jim
Unknown Red Ristra Chili
Fresno
Giant Jalapeño
Red Jalapeño
Hungarian Wax
Aji Lemon Drop
Red Serrano
Orange Manzano
Tobasco
Purple Cayenne
Ring of Fire Cayenne
Lumbre Anaheim
Datil
Hot Paper Lantern
Caribbean Red Habanero
Scotch Bonnet
Bhut Jolokia Indian Carbon

So far that's what I've planted. I may add more when I plant tomatoes next week, just need to figure out how much space I have.

Setup:
Henry Fields 55 cell seed starting kit
19.5 x 9 heat mat
Hydrofarm FLT24 2-ft/ 4-Tube T5 Commercial System with Bulbs

y0QSfTD.jpg

Once everything is read I'll plant outdoors in raised beds and a few in pots. I'll do my best to keep up with this. God luck to everyone in 2014!

newpeppergrower1105 said:
nice list! no super hots?
Thanks! I have a few super hot seeds types, but not sure what I will do with them if I plant them. I'll probably end up planting at least one when I plant tomatoes. :)

Here are the super hots, at least I think they are all considered super hots, that I have. Any recommendation on which to plant?

Bhut Jolokia Indian Carbon
Trinidad Scorpion Moruga
King Naga
Annie Einstein
7-Pot Douglah Red

Howdy, Schrade, good luck with the 2014 grow season!

newpeppergrower1105 said:
i say go with the classic bhut, im not a big fan of the red douglahs their to thin skinned but they are easy to dry
Okay, maybe I will give the bhut a try!

Spicegeist said:
I was going to ask the same thing...

Good luck with the grow!

Thanks!

PaulG said:
Howdy, Schrade, good luck with the 2014 grow season!
Thanks!

So I have been really bad about updating this

Yesterday was 2 weeks and the majority of my plants have sprouted and some are starting to get true leaves.  I've had to replant a few, so still waiting on those to come back.  I'll probably start to pot some up in small 3 or 4 inch (can't remember what size they are) pots over the weekend where they will stay until mid march when I plant in the ground or larger pots outside.

I noticed a few of the leaves are yellowing on the outer edges, any idea what this could be?  I hadn't removed the humidity dome until today and it seemed to be the tallest plants.  Also went ahead and raised the light a bit since they are growing and may have been getting to much heat.

Finally, how do I upload pictures?  I've taken quite a few and would like to show the setup and an example of the yellowing.

Thanks!!

Back