seed-train Scorched Train 2015-2016

Yeah, my post office is also open 9-12 every Saturday.

Oh and so it's clear, the train doesn't need to go out in 1 day especially during holidays. I appreciate everyone getting it out quick but I know there's a bunch of seeds in that train to go through. If you have enough time to go through it in a day that's cool but if you need 2 days by all means take 2 days. Juggling family and holiday goings on can be time consuming believe me I know. And it can be hard to focus on looking through seeds and then getting tiny seeds into tiny bags with other things going on around you.

Sweet Chris!  I'll be on the lookout.  I may have 2 trains coming to me within a few days which is sweet.  I'm off all next week so I can turn them around fast.

Well, if there is a 2nd round, I hope I can catch a seat.

You folks are lucky that the PO is open for a half day on Saturday. Mail doesn't even leave this town on Sundays (it use to.) Then all the mail gets sent to Seattle for sorting. So if I mail something to Portland, a 40 mile trip to the north, the mail first goes to Seattle a 220 mile trip to the North, then to Portland another 173 mile trip. Ugh.

I'm sure there will be a second round. Even if it's not 20 people, as long as there's 10 or so we can put it back on the tracks. After a second round is over I'll shelve it until next fall and send it out again. As far as I'm concerned we can run this every year as long as people sign up.

Scorched said:
I'm sure there will be a second round. Even if it's not 20 people, as long as there's 10 or so we can put it back on the tracks. After a second round is over I'll shelve it until next fall and send it out again. As far as I'm concerned we can run this every year as long as people sign up.
Tony, you are an amazing person. Thank you.

ikeepfish said:
No reason it can't run year round if it was up to me ;)

Doesn't really matter to me. Just figured at some point it's going to be the same seeds going round and round to the same people. I won't have anything new to share until late summer when pods are coming on and I figured most people aren't going to be planting new seeds in the middle of the summer (unless they're indoor growers). I'm open to discussion on the matter so post away on thoughts and ideas. Everyone who has seeds on the train has a say in this since they're your seeds. I just make the schedule lol.

Scorched said:
Doesn't really matter to me. Just figured at some point it's going to be the same seeds going round and round to the same people. I won't have anything new to share until late summer when pods are coming on and I figured most people aren't going to be planting new seeds in the middle of the summer (unless they're indoor growers). I'm open to discussion on the matter so post away on thoughts and ideas. Everyone who has seeds on the train has a say in this since they're your seeds. I just make the schedule lol.
I guess I kinda look at it as I personally only saw the first bit of them as well as most other people. Anything I would pick up now wouldn't likely be in my 2016

Hot dang! I'll probably get it today

3:08pm - sitting patiently on my front porch waiting... Straight line of sight to the community mail box

3:09pm - the sun is in my eyes, I can't see

ikeepfish said:
I guess I kinda look at it as I personally only saw the first bit of them as well as most other people. Anything I would pick up now wouldn't likely be in my 2016

For round two, the first 5 or 6 people on the list from round one are guaranteed a spot (if they want it). There wasn't a huge selection of seeds since the train had just started. I think this is a fair way to handle it so that the first people from round 1 aren't penalized for being 1st. Once we get near the end of this run I'll check to see if those 5 or 6 want the guaranteed spot. If they don't want it then the spot will be filled just like the rest of the spots.

The ones who would have a guaranteed spot for round 2 would be:

1. ikeepfish
2. bhut camp
3. fiogga
4. Seacowboy
5. someguy
Possible #6. Wicked Mike

Spots 7 (maybe 6) and on should have had plenty of seed varieties to go through. Especially on this train where everyone has been so damn generous.

Once we near the end of round 2, assuming we have enough interest, we'll figure out if we want to run it year round or shelve it til late summer 2015.
Either way is fine by me. I'm not going anywhere so it won't be a problem keeping things running.

Back