• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Scorpion - Early Start

OK. I think this is a scorpion but i've been mixing my plants up lately. LOL

20150112_143649.jpg

6" pot. Flowers already forming. Pretty neat.

While im not an expert,  this looks nothing like my scorpion pepper plant.  All of them that i have seen, including mine, have extremely close node spacing, with short fat wrinkly leaves.  Again, im no expert, and could be completely wrong.

THECHRISE said:
OK. I think this is a scorpion but i've been mixing my plants up lately. LOL

20150112_143649.jpg

6" pot. Flowers already forming. Pretty neat.
I have to ask.  How old is your plant.  It looks very nice.

obchili said:
I have to ask.  How old is your plant.  It looks very nice.

Two months since I planted the seed.
Peter S said:
Wow, nice looking plant! What kind of light do you have on that?
T5 - 4 foot
chachie09 said:
While im not an expert,  this looks nothing like my scorpion pepper plant.  All of them that i have seen, including mine, have extremely close node spacing, with short fat wrinkly leaves.  Again, im no expert, and could be completely wrong.
You're the second one to say that, which worries me a bit. Can you post a picture of yours? What does it look like?

THECHRISE said:

You're the second one to say that, which worries me a bit. Can you post a picture of yours? What does it look like?

Here is mine.  Be advised, it is a little unorthodox, as it is topped and trained.  but you can still get the idea of the short bushy nature by the tops.  Putting on flowers in clusters as well.  She is very dense from node to node.

Af7E1eo.jpg

pOsvhS4.jpg

OaEEj5W.jpg

Thanks. The leaves look similar even though it might not look like it from the picture I posted. Maybe in another month or when it starts fruiting we'll know. Lord knows, I've already mixed two plants up already,

Yeah, I actually made my original comment away from my plants. Looking now, your leaves are not that different from mine. Could just be the angle of your pic too. And I have A TON of light in my cabinet so everything nodes super tight.

Are there any nodes with multiple buds?  It's hard to see exactly in the picture.  If there aren't it's either because it's not a scorpion (or any chinense pepper) or because it simply hasn't started growing multiple buds due to conditions.

Back