• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Scorpion Trinidad?

Ive got 2 plants that are supposedly scorpion trinidads, 1 red and 1 yellow, but now that they are ripening Im not 100 on them

from left to right Bhut, Red scorp, Yellow scorp
IMG_7633.jpg

IMG_5835.jpg

IMG_6414.jpg

I bought them all from the same place and the bhut is real so I would expect the others to be also but they dont look like it to me. But its my first time growing them so Im not sure and thats why Im asking yall.

Scorpion or not?

Well since the tag says Scorpion Trinidad Habanero and it looks like a red and yellow habanero.... I would say it is not, but after tasteing you will know for sure.

yeah the 2 Trinidad scorps pepp3rfreak picked up for me in maryland have that same tag. I put a pic of one of the pods in my growlog and they look the same. I will have to check my tags to see if they have that habanero part there, but I recognize the rest.

Edit: Thanks to this forum I have a few other true trinidad scorps going so no worries here

First looks like Bhut, 2nd Red Habanero & 3rd Immature Orange Habanero.. In my opinion I would have to say the 2nd and 3rd are not what you are expecting.

that sucks, Im surprised that they had real bhuts but not scorps, oh well.

A little off topic but I dont want to make a new thread so Ill ask here. I gave 1 of my bhuts to a neighbor and now they want to buy some but I have no idea how much to charge. Whats the typical price for fresh bhut pods?

that sucks, Im surprised that they had real bhuts but not scorps, oh well.

A little off topic but I dont want to make a new thread so Ill ask here. I gave 1 of my bhuts to a neighbor and now they want to buy some but I have no idea how much to charge. Whats the typical price for fresh bhut pods?
Me personally, I wouldn't charge my neighbor. Just give them some.

It's a big Mexican family (8+ people eating everyday) and they're talking about alot of peppers like dozens. They came to me with the offer to buy them, all I'm trying to do is figure out how much they go for. I know people sell them on this site I just want to know what their prices are.

Some of my neighbors have offered to buy peppers after I gave them some. If they suggest buying them I go with 1/2 market value and throw some extra in. I mean they offered to buy I didn't ask them to, so I give them a good deal and accept their money for the next years garden.

Take a clone from your plant and sell it to them rooted for a couple bucks.
Give a guy a fish and he learns to beg.
teach a guy to fish and he feeds himself.
lol something like that.
If you didnt really wanna do that then just give him a deal.
Tell him you want some authentic food with your peppers as an ingredient.

You guys arent helping at all, I'm not giving my stuff away for free. They got money and I don't, they own a pretty successful company, they have around a dozen cars and 4 or 5 houses, I have trouble paying my phone bill each month. They offered to pay me for em, I'm not going to say no to that

How much do bhut pod cost per pound? That's all I want to know.

You guys arent helping at all, I'm not giving my stuff away for free. They got money and I don't, they own a pretty successful company, they have around a dozen cars and 4 or 5 houses, I have trouble paying my phone bill each month. They offered to pay me for em, I'm not going to say no to that

How much do bhut pod cost per pound? That's all I want to know.
Well I didn't mean to upset you. just wrote down my opinion... you don't have to do what others think.
There's no real street value for those bad boys. I've heard tales of 1/2lb-1lb for just a few bucks. AJ is selling his Butch T's for 30$/lb. that just shows you super hots are a thing of supply and demand. you can charge whatever you like, but they don't have to buy. you can search these forums for people selling super hots and compare prices. maybe even set an average price. it's not that simple saying it's worth $X or $Y.

I hope this helps, and remember... we're a friendly community and everybody's friends. we mean no harm.

Back