• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Scotch Bonnet Seeds

Hi all,
New member to the forum, somewhat new-ish grower.

I've been thinking about growing some scotch bonnets this year and have begun looking for seeds. In my searching, I've read that some sources will just sell you mislabeled habanero seeds. This has made me wary of buying from non-name brand sources.

Any thoughts on this? Has anyone had a good experience buying Scotch Bonnet seeds from a specific seller?

Greetings from South Carolina, and welcome to THP! You are wise to be careful where you get your seeds. I'm sure you'll get some recommendations on the reputable seed sellers, and if you're lucky one of the members may be willing to donate some seed for a SASBE. I haven't grown Scotch Bonnet in a few years, so I can't help. Anyhow, I hope you grow your Bonnets and have fun doing it!

Just found the Vendor Vault, man this is a great site! I'm thinking of ordering from Buckeye Pepper if I don't end up with any other suggestions.
Looking forward to getting some seeds started soon, as a very cold few days might have killed my hab in my enclosed back porch recently.

I've never seen Bonnet seeds sold but I'm lucky enough to live right by places that sell them fresh at next to nothing. If you're prepared to pay postage from the UK (should be cheeper than most seed retailers) and run the risk of cross polination, I can send you the seeds from my next salad pepper. I'd still advise going for a more surefire source if one presents itself though.

Buckeye and Pepperlover are both great options.  Welcome to the site.  :)

Welcome....I've grown a few different sources of scotch bonnets...the more popular are called the MoA scotch bonnets. Meaning 3 or so years ago. A member here got seeds from the Jamaican ministry of agriculture. ..but has since then filtered into crossed versions... growing some pure seeds and will only grow those in a different location. .

Pepper lover and buckeye are good places to go to

Hello and welcome.Along with the above mentioned you could look up rainbowchilliseeds refining fire chiles fords fiery foods midwestchileheads oh puckerbutt might have some they also sell reapers and primos.

SeaDuds said:
Hi all,

I've been thinking about growing some scotch bonnets this year and have begun looking for seeds. In my searching, I've read that some sources will just sell you mislabeled habanero seeds. This has made me wary of buying from non-name brand sources.

Any thoughts on this? Has anyone had a good experience buying Scotch Bonnet seeds from a specific seller?
send me a pm and I will get some seeds

PM me your address and I'll happily send you some MOA Scotch Bonnet Seeds. If you have anything else you might want, just ask and I might have some (or something similar.)

Welcome to the forums!!  :P

*Edit- I see 96Strat already offered some seed- great guy he is! Don't know what he'll send... but the offer still stands.

SeaDuds said:
Hi all,

Hi there,

Welcome to the forum!
I see you found Vendor vault :)
Usually you should avoid ebay sellers (or places like this), there you can pay for one and get another. Unless other user recommend you a seller, or you found it in Vendor vault as trusted vendor.
Wish you a nice stay and happy growing!

Buckeye is a fine choice. I have had good results with their seeds so far. Midwestchileheads.com is also a good vendor, and they have a few Scotch Bonnet varieties that Buckeye doesn't carry.

I got my MOA scotch bonnet seeds from hot toddy pepper. Buckeye is also an excellent choice. And if you order from either one you usually get a free pack of seeds as well. You should be cautious when seed purchasing. You just might spend months and months of time, certainly money and tons of effort to end up with something you could just buy from your local grocery store!

Back