• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense Scotch bonnet TFM

These Scotch bonnets have been highly recommended by chileheads on other forums and rightfully so, they have an amazing taste. I now realize that I have two different pods shapes happening. At first I had plants with many different shaped pods, but now I have 2 plants with one shape and 2 with another. The yellower pod has cool barbs or spikes while the oranger ones usually have a flat top. I think the yellow ones are most likely the truer of the two by pics I've seen. I haven't tried the orangy one for taste comparison yet, but maybe with my thanksgiving turkey tonight;)
Spikey and yellower
2934769051_cf48dd9b8c.jpg

Flatter and oranger(top)
2934739111_6601c948cb.jpg

man there are way too many varieties out there for my little potted gardern... looks like i have to completely take over the greenhouse...

Sid03SVT said:
man there are way too many varieties out there for my little potted gardern... looks like i have to completely take over the greenhouse...

It gets out of control after a bit :lol:

Nice looking pods there my friend,The top one looks like the mushroom pepper and a good example of scotch bonnet shape but orange off course,the bottom just looks terrific :)

Those look exactly like mine did. I got the seeds from peppermania. They were some of my favorite peppers this year.

Sid03SVT said:
alright its been a couple days, how do the orange ones taste?

They were good but I haven't tried enough yet for a proper test.
I think I'll whip up a quick simple sauce when I get some time.

I think it makes a great powder and hot-sauce:) Not really the same flavor or burn as habs. I find the Scotch bonnets much better personally, especially these ones.

I agree, I prefer SBs to habs, too. Their aroma is different and they may be less hot, but hey, it's not that they're not hot at all!

Back