• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Scovie's Shenanigans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scoville DeVille said:
It's a damm shame I couldn't keep the Flamingo. dammit.

Humh... well there you go. I did not know that you were gay, Scovie? I guess the part where it looked like you were enjoying another man grabbing your jiblets should have given it away..... :rofl:

Nice office amiright?

View attachment 11989

The tile we used is just the cheap stuff from Home Depot. It's good tho, it has all of the trims to get the look we (she) was after. Kind of a classic country style with touches of modern. The black granite dots and pencil trim we cut are a nice touch to some other wise (yaaawwwnnn) boring tile.

37 accent dots
37 1-¼" cores
37 1-½" holes in the field tile
74 total
each hole took 45 seconds to cut = 56 minutes of standing there drilling. No wonder this damm shower took so long.

For the chair rail trim, I put in a drywall screw every 6" for the thinset to grab. I didn't want to just glue them to fresh semigloss paint. One drunken stumble and BAM! they fall off!

Check out my sweet niché. I had a piece of glass layin around so, cut them to fit in the niche, frost them with a 1600 grit polishing pad, drill a hole in a couple for razors, BAM! coolness.

View attachment 11987

View attachment 11988

View attachment 11986

View attachment 11984

Grout day was Friday after work. Yeah you know what happened...

View attachment 11982

Done, except for the 6" X 6' glass wing walls that get mounted to each side of the shower that will make the shower curtain more functional. and when the curtain is pulled to the side it will feel like a much bigger room.

Thanks for checking this out. I think what we do is pretty cool so I thought I would share.

LOL Hogleg, Romy6 (Jamie) keeps trying me to try that stuff ('Fusion' Urethane grout) but I am skeered. I use 'Grout Shield' sealer that you mix in the grout in lieu of water. I love that stuff.

Of course I'm gay Gas, I am a big fat lesbian. I thought everybody knew that?

Not to bad intensejustin, you can't use much bigger tiles on a sloped shower floor. They need to be able to follow the contour.

the things i could  do in that sexy shower

ByGQjwR.gif

PrimeTime said:
I think he said they are for accent tiles. The razor rack is a nice touch.

Nice work Scove

heheh heheh, he said rack....

I can vouch for the fact that the previous shower was HORRIBLE.  CJ and Scovie inherited quite a situation when they moved into their house.  I'm really liking the new bathroom, guys!

(BTW....CJ is the other half of their Tile Setting business...Don't let all those pics of Scovie acting like he's working fool you.)  ;)

XOXO Scovie~

salsalady said:
(BTW....CJ the other half of their Tile Setting business...Don't let all those pics of Scovie acting like he's working fool you.)  ;)

I suspected there was ulterior motive to old Scoves showing off pics of his handy work. The old "look at me, I work!" trick. You gotta hand it to him, he's a crafty lad. Outsmarted by HSL, but crafty nonetheless.

hogleg said:
All joking aside. CJ, Scovie that is some beautiful work to be very proud of.

+1

Seriously, if I lived over there and out that way (wherever the hell Twisp is), I would purposely break my bathroom just so I could get it redone... by the best. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back