• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Seed Map 2011

Instead of working I'm sitting here at my desk obsessing about my 2011 garden by drawing "seed maps" of the 2 Jiffy Trays I bought yesterday. I've got the seeds, just need a couple hours or so to plant them in the little peat pellets. All of these plants won't make it into garden, of course: some will fail, some will go into containers, and some will be given away. Thanks again to chileaddict for sending me the Chimayo and Nambe Pueble seeds he collected on his recent pilgrimage to northern New Mexico:

Seed-Map.gif

When it comes to peppers I think there's a lot of OCD around here :crazy: :cool:

Here's my excel spreadsheet, not to steal your thread

Well that didn't turn out trying to post spreadsheet, looked good in the editor :eek:

Nice selection there +1 for the NuMex Jalmundo. I can't wait to see how they come out, big poppers

Yeah, poppers! I grew Jalmundo last year: sweet, exceptionally thick flesh, a little on the mild side for jalapeño, but quite tasty. Beth at Peppermania says the Cajamarca makes killer poppers, too...

Will Excel save or export a file as a GIF? That's how I finally got my seed map to post, 'cept it came out of InDesign...

I just started mine in "MS Word" imported into "Photo Shop" and saved it as a jpeg. This will take a little while to finish because I'm looking at about 6+ seed maps similar to yours. I'm still finalizing the list to a few late comers. Thanks for the idea!

What color devils tongue are you growing. I have red and white. Is there a chocolate?
I have chimayo and velarde growing this season that were collected in New Mexico from traditional growers by a friend of mine. Thay are growing true to form with the snub noses. I will post a pic of them after.

What color devils tongue are you growing. I have red and white. Is there a chocolate?
I have chimayo and velarde growing this season that were collected in New Mexico from traditional growers by a friend of mine. Thay are growing true to form with the snub noses. I will post a pic of them after.

Jim Duffy is working on the chocolate devil's tongues. I haven't heard of the whites,I just have the yellows and reds. I would like to add the others someday.

Looks great but i prefer separate boxes for each one strain. Keep finger crossed for all your spicy season :) Lets pepper this world :)
Damn i cant wait till tomorrow, probably i will eat some habanero with chilli con carne, this will chill out my inpatient mood :)

Looks great but i prefer separate boxes for each one strain. Keep finger crossed for all your spicy season :) Lets pepper this world :)
Damn i cant wait till tomorrow, probably i will eat some habanero with chilli con carne, this will chill out my inpatient mood :)

Thanks! Love those Kroger's Orange Habaneros...Maybe I'll run down there today....

Got the seeds in the dirt last night. I changed the planting a little from the original maps...Dropped a couple rows of C. annuum and replaced them with C. chinense. Considering last summer's experience in the extreme heat and humidity, the sole C. chinense type, Caribbean Red, was bulletproof, while the large-pod C. annuum types suffered mightily.

Image-1.jpg

Image-2.jpg

I just started mine in "MS Word" imported into "Photo Shop" and saved it as a jpeg. This will take a little while to finish because I'm looking at about 6+ seed maps similar to yours. I'm still finalizing the list to a few late comers. Thanks for the idea!

Six Jiffy Trays? Wow...respect! I look forward to seeing your maps...

Oh it resembles mine grow room, mmm talking talking and nothing doin :) Chilli seeds everywhere around, soil, sand,perlite, tubes turn on, clocks adjusted, lets hope we will get at least 85% germinations success rate as usuall and in 2 months i will fill my house and greenhouse. I love this 48north EU sun potency. I am boy living few km far from north Hungarian boundary so there is a must for some Hungarian peppers. For this season it will be Hungarian Hot Wax and Hungarian Black. But this all will be in my separate growin thread. Here we will focus on your hot way. Cant way to see yours green reaching the sun :)

Oh it resembles mine grow room, mmm talking talking and nothing doin :) Chilli seeds everywhere around, soil, sand,perlite, tubes turn on, clocks adjusted, lets hope we will get at least 85% germinations success rate as usuall and in 2 months i will fill my house and greenhouse. I love this 48north EU sun potency. I am boy living few km far from north Hungarian boundary so there is a must for some Hungarian peppers. For this season it will be Hungarian Hot Wax and Hungarian Black. But this all will be in my separate growin thread. Here we will focus on your hot way. Cant way to see yours green reaching the sun :)

Latitude 48ºN? You can grow chiles that far north? Okay, I'm officially in awe of you!

Oh for sure, as far as u can grow chillies in Hungary :) Dont forget EU clime is warmer than US, because of cold ocean currents...
Thats why here inside of EU on the 48N we have long and warm season. As u can see ppl grow chillies outside even in GB and here in south Slovakia we have nice black soils and dry and hot summers and relatively mild autumns. And well, spring is under CFL tubes :) Just finished preparation of grow boxes for tomorrow planting. And as it should to be, i am chilling with eating something hot, some Cayenne from the last season. I really love Cayenne. :)

Oh for sure, as far as u can grow chillies in Hungary :) Dont forget EU clime is warmer than US, because of cold ocean currents...
Thats why here inside of EU on the 48N we have long and warm season. As u can see ppl grow chillies outside even in GB and here in south Slovakia we have nice black soils and dry and hot summers and relatively mild autumns. And well, spring is under CFL tubes :) Just finished preparation of grow boxes for tomorrow planting. And as it should to be, i am chilling with eating something hot, some Cayenne from the last season. I really love Cayenne. :)

Cool! :) I guess I never realized just how far north Hungary actually is. So, nonetheless...Respect!

Back