seeds Seedling Temps

So, I kept my germination station at about 83 degrees, but now that they're potted up and getting their first true leaves, what temps do you think they'd like?

I also kept the heat mat running, because I figured that it couldn't hurt. But if it's not going to help, I'll turn it off to save energy.

They like warmer humid temps but mine are in the basement and its only like 67 degrees. They seem to be doing just fine. Personaly I'd like it a little warmer but if you think about when spring hits and the temps reach the upper 60's everything is usualy thriving.

Keep in mind, the warmer it is the faster they'll grow. I like to keep a cool grow room or area until about early April since I can't plant out until early to mid May. The cooler temps will slow the growth but in most cases will make them stockier (is that a word?).

Thanks for all the advice!

I think I'll try to keep it around 75, then cool it down if they start going crazy. Which would be a good problem to have!

smileyguy697 said:
They like warmer humid temps but mine are in the basement and its only like 67 degrees. They seem to be doing just fine. Personaly I'd like it a little warmer but if you think about when spring hits and the temps reach the upper 60's everything is usualy thriving.
+1 heat that puppy up

impending_bending said:
+1 heat that puppy up
Lol.. thats funny you said that because i couldn't stop thinking about it yesterday.I went down and opened the vents and put a mylar blanket over my seedling table just to be safe.

Back