• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Seedlings.. are these normal for age? Jalapeno, Cayenne & Prairie Fire

Hi thanks for the advice, I had already ordered my grow light system, plus I'm never going To have a whole room as the above as I don't have the space to do a setup like that here in the UK, we are really limited in space here in the UK compared to USA most of us have small houses and small gardens.

Edit

Plus it wasn't cheap really it was £75 which is $115.77 it has full spectrum lighting 6400 kelvin on each bulb

FireMe said:
Hi thanks for the advice, I had already ordered my grow light system, plus I'm never going To have a whole room as the above as I don't have the space to do a setup like that here in the UK, we are really limited in space here in the UK compared to USA most of us have small houses and small gardens.

You should be fine. I'd again point out that you don't need artificial lights - I'm danish, aka, weather similar to UK, and if you look at my glog from last year, you'll se that you can do mighty fine without artificial lights. 

It is merely a 'good' idea to use supplementary artificial light. For amateur who just wants to grow some chilies, you basically just need a window, a pot, some soil and a seed. Really!

FireMe said:
Edit
Plus it wasn't cheap really it was £75 which is $115.77 it has full spectrum lighting 6400 kelvin on each bulb
I wasn't in any way implying you should buy lighting for a whole room. And by inexpensive, I was referring to the little screw in led lights more than anything. As far as your ordered light, well, it sounds fine for output intensity. The biggest problem I see is height. You peppers are going to want to grow and unless you are planning on topping them, you may have issues on yor systems height adjustment. But in any event, I bid you good luck for this year's pepper grow.

CAPCOM said:
I wasn't in any way implying you should buy lighting for a whole room. And by inexpensive, I was referring to the little screw in led lights more than anything. As far as your ordered light, well, it sounds fine for output intensity. The biggest problem I see is height. You peppers are going to want to grow and unless you are planning on topping them, you may have issues on yor systems height adjustment. But in any event, I bid you good luck for this year's pepper grow.

Thats OK and thanks, Once they get too the max height of the light, they will be going outside anyways as I don't think wouldn't have the room to keep them indoors. Plus we will have more sunlight by then anyways. also I bet there is a way I could modify the stand height, the two bulbs in it are the most important thing. :-)

Hi all,

My grow-light system arrived today and I have set it up so fast :dance:  and it is now providing light 16/7 here are a couple of photos :-) doesn't look to bad to me, Ive set the bulbs about an inch above the seedlings maybe a little more, I believe that is the correct sort of distance. so should I be getting bigger better leaf growth etc now. 

dqhvu0.jpg

25pius2.jpg

FireMe 

Back