• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Seedlings look like they are drying out

Use the "IMG" link that one will show up as a picture on forums. 

will look like 

Looks like they got too hot n dry. Though soil in pic is moist. 

Yep. I think I fried them early and everything else has been revival attempts. Dammit - that was also the last of my Cherry Bomb seeds!
What img link?

Since my laptop is fugged, I'm only here on my phone. I keep a tab open for photobucket and a tab for THP. When I'm writing a post I just switch back and forth. Got it down to a science now

Solved the issue. Was definitely dry medium and heat of lights. I soaked the plugs and saved 4. I have since planted a newly popped reaper and it seems to be doing well.

In hindsight, I realised just about 2 days ago that what I actually (and unbelievably) did was that I mixed very damp coir with potting mix and perlite, then planted the seedlings, but forgot to water them in and then checked them after about 24 hours under lights that were about 6 inches away from them.

Sometimes, I really am a most spectacular dumbass.

Don't stress. Even guys who have been doing this for years still make mistakes. I've been growing supers for about 4 years now (that's not very long compared to most here). I tried using a "super soil" I mixed my self from BX Pro Mix, dolomitic lime, blood meal, and bone meal. Small amounts of each, except the pro mix. After 10 or 12 days nothing had germinated, and the tray smelled like ammonia. I started fighting mold after 3 days. I had to toss the entire tray and start over. I went back to what I used the 3 years prior, and after 9 days, I've had 11 out of 18 types germinate. It just goes to show anybody can do something stupid. It sounds like you're on the right track now. At least we have THP and all the great members here to help us out when we do something stupid.

Back