• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Seeds,seeds,seeds and more seeds...

Yes I'm already collecting seeds for next year. I try to grow new varities as well as the favorites, fun to experiment. Not sure we will grow quite as many next year or if we do more of them will go in containers.

Jackie

Pepperfreak said:
As I was doing this and making my wish list, I became curious...How many others are doing the same, planning for next year while half way through this years grow season? I almost have a my full grow list done for next year though :lol: talk about being prepared.

My grow list IS done. I have limited space so its not hard. :)

I'm doubling the number of plants, but I'm only adding 2 varieties.
Just ordered the new seeds I'll need

my list for next year is finnished, I hope! I dont have room for them all but I just keep buying more varieties.

Pepperfreak said:
Has anyone ordered from Trade Winds Fruits http://www.tradewindsfruit.com/hot_peppers.htm ? If so, how was your experience, i.e. shipping, germination rate and true to label? They seem to have a decent selection. Also, Has anyone had any experience with Bayou Trader's
Peppermania? Are they a good company to deal with?

I will let you decide based on my experience...here is part of my pepper log....excellent experience from both suppliers as far as shipping and labels...and germination shown below...notice the planting date and germination percent date...

germinationpercentfrompeppermaniaan.jpg

Pepperfreak, AJ's much more organized than I am but I also had good germination and growth from seeds from Tradewinds. I'm pleased and will order from them again.

Jackie

I have been making a list, I'm not gonna lie. I have been looking for a reasonable place to order that has everything I want so that maybe one order will do. Throwing in a lot of new plants for next season. :)

Pepperfreak said:
Next year I want to try some of the super hots and try some of the more exotic Hab varieties like White Hab. I'm not sure how I'm going to manage this yet and since I haven't tasted all of the peppers I'm growing this year, I don't know which ones (if any) I'll want to give up.
I've got a really healthy looking white hab plant growing right now. If you want some seeds later on down the road just let me know.:) They are VERY good producers to honestly. I've never seen so many buds and flowers on one hab plant in my whole life.

Now about what else I'm going to grow.........I may try some pepperocinis for flavor. (Love them even though they aren't hot.) A couple tomato plants on my balcony sounds good as well(I used to hate tomatos, but now I love them as of recently. I don't know why??) as some herbs growing in my window.

Good thing about living where I do is that I can expand my list any time I want and still keep the ones I have. I really want to plant some super hots cause I have 2 supposed bhut plants but the source is not too reliable. I really want to grow Scorpions, Naga Morich, Bhuts and Bih Jolokia and maybe Douglah... Hard part is getting the seeds...

I've been making a list as well. There are several varieties I would like to try (especially Tabasco's for some reason) next year.

andres said:
Good thing about living where I do is that I can expand my list any time I want and still keep the ones I have. I really want to plant some super hots cause I have 2 supposed bhut plants but the source is not too reliable. I really want to grow Scorpions, Naga Morich, Bhuts and Bih Jolokia and maybe Douglah... Hard part is getting the seeds...

Andres got my seed yet ? :)

The only one that I really want to add to my list for next year that I did not grow this year is Fatalii. I will probably have a bunch more sweet peppers for the wife but my seed list is going to be mostly what I can save from this year's crop.

Just yesterday I placed my 2009 seed order in and was amazed to find that it has expanded even more than I expected. On top of growing what I have this year, I've added Black Hungarian, Cayenne Ring of Fire, Fatalii, Bhut Jolokia, Chocolate Hab, Peach Hab, White Hab, and Jamaican Hot Chocolate. I still want to find Trinidad Scorpion and 7 Pod. As for the sweet peppers, I do want to add a couple different varieties other than what I have this year. I just haven't made up my mind yet.

I'd be happy to help you out with 7Pod and Scorp seeds after harvest! I am also growing a nice sweet pepper variety that is very compact in growth but a great producer and perfect for stuffing. I could send you those also. If interested, just get in touch.

I'll do the same. Late Dec/early Jan is the plan. Only the peppers though, would be MUCH too early for tomatoes etc.

Back