• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Selling as "habaneros" at publix...

Pretty sure I got my hands on some Jamaican Mushrooms at Publix. They look just like pics I saw on google images. The cashier lady tried to tell me they were habs. She said " you sure you want those? They are really, really hot..."

If she only knew what was going on in my backyard.

In her defense they were mixed in with the orange habs. I can see a 15 year old just throwing a bunch of "orange peppers" on the shelf while restocking. 

I scooped them up just for seeds. Tried one and there is a nice sweet flavor with very little heat, almost not there at all. What it really cool is I have been wanting to grow these. Now I have the seeds..

Can you verify these are indeed Jamaican Mushroom Peppers?

I can get a few more pics if you guys need them.

Last year I got some "habs" at a Super Target that looked pretty much nothing like habs, elongate, twisted, with 5 lobes that made pretty little star shapes when cut into "rings."  Almost no heat.

Might be a cross with a hab and yellow mushroom. I you need yellow mushrooms or reds I have seeds. Last year at Kmart. I got 3 plants that weren't o habs. One ones chocolate. And two looked like mustard habs

Here is a couple of the google pics. Again there was NO heat.

3190811.jpg

Those look like my "trinidad perfume" I got from pepperlover.com, Im not too sure now, my "trinidad perfume" dont have a very strong aroma and its abit spicey, these two might have been crossed with the same kind of pepper.

000_0047-800.jpg

ZenPepper said:
Those look like my "trinidad perfume" I got from pepperlover.com, Im not too sure now, my "trinidad perfume" dont have a very strong aroma and its abit spicey, these two might have been crossed with the same kind of pepper.

000_0047-800.jpg
tbh Zen i'm not seeing a strong resemblance to Jamaican Mushroom, which is what i think the original poster has.

I still feel that the peppers in the above pic are a strain of Trinidad Spice, that is what they most resemble imho, just maybe not the strain you were expecting though.

Jetchuka said:
tbh Zen i'm not seeing a strong resemblance to Jamaican Mushroom, which is what i think the original poster has.

I still feel that the peppers in the above pic are a strain of Trinidad Spice, that is what they most resemble imho, just maybe not the strain you were expecting though.

Yeah, maybe, its just that my Trinidad perfume dont have much of a fruity taste, oh well, atleast it produced some peppers for me.

Now that I have seen this post, I noticed the same "habanero's at my local Publix a week ago. I did not buy any of them. But they did look like the same pepper mixed in with some Habs.

Back