• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

September plants

Hi there,
I'm still alive an so' my plants!These is how my backyards plants looks like at the moment:

img_1689.jpg

img_1690.jpg

this should be a Aribibi (I have lost all the labels :oops:)

img_1745.jpg

Purple Tiger pods

continue:

img_1737.jpg

Hot lemon pod

img_1735.jpg

PI593624 bloom (finally some activity from the bubescens side of the garden!)

img_1738.jpg

Naga of mystery (bhut?Dorset?bih?WTF?)

img_1719-1.jpg

img_1705-1.jpg

the cumari bush...

img_1774.jpg

img_1775.jpg

The goat's hybrid:don't seems a chinense one? (look at the scorpion tail or the number of flower for node...)

img_1776.jpg

Pequin (maybe indian?)

Chiliac said:
Nice pics, you must have a long season if you hope for all these to ripen until it's getting cold!?

Nope man! I'm in italy not in trinidad unfortunately :lol:
Anyway most of the plants I will move to the office where I work to overwinter.
I hope to get some of the pods to get ripen..

continuing the pix stuff:

img_1781.jpg

img_1787.jpg

img_1782.jpg

cardenasii or rocopica? Really don't know but this are for sure one of the my favorite pepper! So yummy!

Hey Mammoccio nice plants you have there. How those Nagalemon doing for you did you try some of those pods for heat & flavor?

915river said:
Hey Mammoccio nice plants you have there. How those Nagalemon doing for you did you try some of those pods for heat & flavor?

Yes I tried already a lot of nagalemon and all I can say is that I really like them!
The flavor is a mix of a lot of citrus and after a while come the heat that is IMHO "medium" but really persistent.
No typical chinense aroma.
I will try for sure to make the F2 next season and to overwinter this plant too.
btw maybe is strange but this time I had more fun with hybrid that with the "normal" plant, hybrid are really fun and surprise!

Vito

Glad you are alive!lol

Last year I tried hanging and drying whole plants since someone said that would ripen green pods. No such luck. I don't recommend it.

One nice side effect however, I tossed the whole dried plants onto the grill. After a 3 minutes or so, the green pods were smoked by their own foliage. I placed these smoked green pods in jars that I had collected ripe pods in, the smoked green pods added a nice mild smoky flavor to the pickled chilis. Yum!

cheezydemon said:
Glad you are alive!lol
I tossed the whole dried plants onto the grill.

Hey man you burned them alive! :lol:
Anyway I hope that putting inside my office a lot of plant I will be able to taste some good pepper for Christmas!
Just dreams.......

Vito

cheezydemon said:
Glad you are alive!lol

Last year I tried hanging and drying whole plants since someone said that would ripen green pods. No such luck. I don't recommend it.

One nice side effect however, I tossed the whole dried plants onto the grill. After a 3 minutes or so, the green pods were smoked by their own foliage. I placed these smoked green pods in jars that I had collected ripe pods in, the smoked green pods added a nice mild smoky flavor to the pickled chilis. Yum!

Cool idea! Did the plants flame or just smolder? Really neat. I might try that.

Hey Mammoccio - your pictures are beautiful! Those plants are winners. Enjoy your Christmas Peppers! :)

The leaves flamed and smoked. The peppers got a little blackened, but mostly raw.

It was a great experiment. It also helped with my obsessive nature, and my hatred of wasting those last green pods!!!

Nice to see the plants coming Along so well my friend and you have to love the taste of lemon heat :)

Nizza per vedere tutte le piante facendo così bene il mio amico ;)

Back