• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Seriously sick of Spider Mites!

I'm tired of these nastly little things! They're all over my indoor peppers. The only type of plants I am growing.

I've tried lowering the temp & raising humidity, spraying every other day with either Garden Safe 3-in-1 Fungicide (Extract of Need Oil) or Garden Safe Houseplant & Garden Insect Spray (Pyrethrins & Canola Oil). Not to mention cleaning the plants once a week or hand killing the little _________ by smushing them every day.

What else can I do?

Thanks in advance.

Have you found the source of them yet?

It would seem every time you eradicate them from one plant, they just migrate back to it from one of the others....or from something else.

Never heard using that. Would Habanero Tabasco Sauce work better? LOL
I think I've got every flavor of that stuff.

Thanks for that. I'll try it tonight.

In the mean time, please keep the advice rolling in. These things are horrid.

I have then too. I checked it out on the net and the article I read said to pay careful attention to the underside of the leaves. I have been spraying mine with that 3-1 stuff you mentioned and it seems to have helped. Haven't seen any for a while now.

I know I am tired of fighting aphids and last year, spider mites. I have DDT that I'm not afraid to use, but only on plants whose fruits I will not eat for at least six weeks, which limits me.

What I am trying to figure out - last year I knew nothing about peppers. Linda went to a store, bought some Hot Wax, Jalapeno and Habenero plants, which I panted in the garden. They did great, as did a Thai Sun pepper a friend sent. I don't have clue if leaves curled, bottom leaves fell off, blooms fell off, if aphids or sider mites feasted on them.

As Pablo has said - plant them in the ground and they will grow. I'm signing off on micromanagement - the plants will live or die, with or without leaf curl, whether aphids attack or not. I'll have mature pods in August and September or I won't. Either way, life will go on.

I trust Nature. If a bunch of aphids show up, so will their natural enemies.

Then again, I might be 100 percent wrong. Time will tell.

Mike

I have never heard of the diluted hot sauce spray.I`ll have to also try it for these damn lady bug looking things running rampant here.I do know that powdered car red hab works great on the leaves of your maters.The buck last night didn`t know what hit him and I still have maters! lol the hot a** dance he did was priceless!
Rich

Are those the nastly litle orange ones that end up covering every thing by summer's end?

I hate those. I think they're actually a cousin of cockroached, not ladybugs. Either they're immune to everything (I've tried) or they reproduce faster than rabbits. LOL!

Sotty I'm no help.

Back