• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

annuum Serrano Peppers

Wow, so I'm new to hot things, hence hot sauce virgin, and I most recently had a serrano pepper. I couldn't hold it down. I have done hot hot sauces that were hotter and held those down so I think it was the taste anyone else have this problem, lol??? We have a video of it and it is quite embarrassing to me and a comedy to everyone else [video=youtube;pA2y5HlKoNg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA2y5HlKoNg[/video]

Well, don't think I'd have done it again knowing that would've more than likely happened again. Anywho, how's serrano in the nose feel?

Serrano Peppers are hot! You can tell if someone puts them in a batch of salsa. They take a bite out of your tounge before you even get to taste the salsa. Never seen anybody throw up after eating 1.

Like Grumpy said "Never seen anybody throw up after eating 1. "
But don't feel bad, some people just react differently with different peppers ...hehee!

For breakfast "on the go" at work, it's not uncommon to take a bite of a taco, and then a chunk out of a fresh serrano.
The serrano is actually my favorite pepper for cooking, and making salsa... so if you eat a salsa where it hits your tongue before the other flavors, then it's not made correctly, or was made intentially that way by request.

I enjoyed that vid alot! My favorite part was the hot looks from Courtney, especially the tongue thing :whistle:

Josh you did real good mate, anyone that knows they are not going to handle it and carries on anyway is A LEGEND! I hope to see more vids from you guys.

Back