• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense Shabu Shabu Jolokia

If you are interested, I'd love to help spread these seeds around next season. I have all sorts of seeds I can trade as well.

Edit: looking at your current wanted list I have wild pepper seeds (PI 441654, wild Brazilian, C. praetermissum) and Yellow Bhut Jolokias. I should also have TS mourgas later in the season if you are still looking for them. My red and yellow Scotch bonnets are not true ones (c. anuum rather than c. chinese).

P9180175_zps035ba1c5.jpg

If you are interested, I'd love to help spread these seeds around next season. I have all sorts of seeds I can trade as well.

Edit: looking at your current wanted list I have wild pepper seeds (PI 441654, wild Brazilian, C. praetermissum) and Yellow Bhut Jolokias. I should also have TS mourgas later in the season if you are still looking for them. My red and yellow Scotch bonnets are not true ones (c. anuum rather than c. chinese).
when i get seeds from this plant i will trade for sure. Remind me so i don't forget please.

Yah I'd be interested in this one as well. I'm guessing that there are a few different superhots from that area of China and across northern Myanmar that we haven't come across yet.

Yah I'd be interested in this one as well. I'm guessing that there are a few different superhots from that area of China and across northern Myanmar that we haven't come across yet.
Yeah that's what Pete was telling me in some emails we exchanged. He said that he has never grown this plant out and that the locals in the area where he collected this seed grow these chiles then dry them all out after harvest. I might be the first to show an actual picture of the pod. This plant is top prority in my grow room. Keep you guys posted as it grow along. Plan on giving it a few more weeks in the dixie cup before i transplant to something bigger.

Crazy stuff...maybe a migrating bird came down with extreme constipation and ended up unloading somewhere in china....as the old war vet in the movie "Falling Down" would say..."Think about it!"

Good luck with your grow JS, we will all be rutting for you and Mr. SS

I know Chinese have a pepper that is very close to bhut jolokia, its called "shua shua la" this shabu shabu jolokia name sounds made up if its from China, Jolokia is an Indian term, Chinese wouldn't call it that.

I bet its some guy who thinks its close to bhut jolokia and made it up, in China everyone call that pepper "shua shua la" maybe you should look that up instead.

I know Chinese have a pepper that is very close to bhut jolokia, its called "shua shua la" this shabu shabu jolokia name sounds made up if its from China, Jolokia is an Indian term, Chinese wouldn't call it that.

I bet its some guy who thinks its close to bhut jolokia and made it up, in China everyone call that pepper "shua shua la" maybe you should look that up instead.
do you have a picture of the plant and pods?

Good luck, Jedi. You were THE chosen one. Peter passed away a month or so after sending you those seeds. I too would like to trade or buy when you have them available. I have a special grow room for isolation and would pay them forward. If you need any seeds at this very moment, I've several open pollenated and some isolated super hot varieties. I truly wish you great success.

Cool thread man! I also have a couple of Shabu Shabu jolokia plants going still small from some dried pods from Pete unfortunately fresher viable seeds are still lost at the moment as Pete was also going to send some but passed away before he could. I may get some from Rose if they have managed to track them down.
It will be cool to spread these seeds around and also to compare pods etc I will post a few pictures here if that's cool?

Pods look a bit similar but were dried so can't really say but they are thin skinned with lots of seeds and very hot.
If its cool with Jedisushi I will post some pictures up later which I took a while back when I was de seeding dried pods.

Pods look a bit similar but were dried so can't really say but they are thin skinned with lots of seeds and very hot.
If its cool with Jedisushi I will post some pictures up later which I took a while back when I was de seeding dried pods.
please post some pictures!

Very cool thanks for posting. That is a lot of seeds! The leaves are different too compared to my other nagas i have in my grow room too.

Back