• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Shishito

Hey pepper headz! I was looking for this sweet Japanese pepper. Anybody want to trade?

Thanks and take care.

Primo

915river said:
Hi Primo I send you email.

Thanks for helping me out... Done deal. I'll be sure to give you those 7pot and scorpion seeds when they fruit soon. Thanks!

Primo

A couple of years ago this pepper intrigued me so I ordered a seed pack and nothing germinated. I thought I could maybe use it in stir frys. How is this pepper for flavor. Anyone ever grow it?

I'm not growing this year, those Japanese small peppers are mix of sweet & hot thin walled green peppers, they are very popular in Japan in stir-frieds dishes,wrinkled small peppers are 3-4" long high in vitamins A & C heat is very mild.

I got one plant about three years ago and it over wintered perfectly. It had some buds on it and roommate Dave pulled it out because he thought it was a weed....grrr...ya Dave, I still remember that one! Don't think you'll get away with me forgetting about it!!

Sorry, where was I? Oh ya, they taste great. Very sweet and very mild heat, very mild!

Back