• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce should i pick up sriracha

I have to say unequivically yes. As you can see by my sig this is my all time favorite sauce. Far from the hottest, but one of the tastiest. It goes WITH EVERYTHING!!!

Is this a decent all around sauce?
IMHO --- 'It all depends' -- As a stand alone hot sauce? 'Better than the cheap vinegary grocery store stuff'
I consider it a source for garlic flavor rather than a 'hot' sauce.
The history is interesting -- http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/20/dining/20united.html?pagewanted=all

Try some of the well reviewed sauces from our members here on THP, a hell of a lot more interesting and creative.

My introduction to "A Really Hot Sauce" was in a cruise ship dining room many years ago. For an Indonesian meal
I asked our waiter if they had a hot sauce to go with the meal. He asked if I were serious about a 'spicy'
condiment. He brought a 'sauce' (actually a paste) from the Indonesian crew mess-- their chef's recipe of Sambal.
I have never tasted anything so good and so punishing before!

I have discovered that there are infinite versions of Sambal,
http://cookingwithoutborders.wordpress.com/2009/10/10/its-getting-hot-in-here/
( Much like women: They are all beautiful --- just some are a lot more beautiful than others.)

I really enjoy the flavor but could use a bit more heat. I like to add flakes and powders to storebought sauces and salsa when I'm lazy to make them better.

This is one of my go-to sauces for about any Asian food... As others have said, it isn't that hot, but has an excellent flavor.
Same here. i always have a bottle around for any Asian dish from Teryaki to Thai. i like it in my mac n cheese too.

I have been using Melinda's Naga Jolokia sauce at TB recently. Goes really well with their food. Granted, just about anything could make Taco Bell better. :)

I meet with some guys from my church there once a week, so I am always trying to find ways to switch it up a bit...

I only use sriracha on two things....sushi and fried rice(cooked in). I use my own homeade suace on just about everything else.

Back