• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Should i stop using Miracle Grow when peppers start to grow?

A friend told me if you us miracle grow during peppering they will taste funny like miracle grow ,is this true?
https://sites.google.com/site/hotsaucenation/

What does Miracle Grow taste like? :lol:

YES you should stop

too much nitrogen can cause pepper, and blossom drop and can make the plant more leafy and large than anything else
as for tasting it im not sure??
thanks your friend Joe

I used miracle grow ferts all year around and got 100-150 pods per plant. I did this in pots. I plan on doing the same next year.

i bought a box last year whe ni first started to grow plants/peppers. learned real wuick you can burn the roots bad! between that and over watering it was a tough first year! :crazy: this year i bought some good stuff for the peppers but i still use the MG on the flowers for my wife. the peppers get the more expensive good stuff! :dance:

i bought a box last year whe ni first started to grow plants/peppers. learned real wuick you can burn the roots bad! between that and over watering it was a tough first year! :crazy: this year i bought some good stuff for the peppers but i still use the MG on the flowers for my wife. the peppers get the more expensive good stuff! :dance:

Whats the expensive stuff?

Miracle Gro works whether you are on the cheap or not. Elitist haters are gonna hate because the think their expensive solution is better. Sounds a lot like the US government, eh?

Whats the expensive stuff?
its not even that expensive, i use dyna grow products in soild and general hydroponics in my DWC's

Miracle Gro works whether you are on the cheap or not. Elitist haters are gonna hate because the think their expensive solution is better. Sounds a lot like the US government, eh?
well i had a hard time using the "general plant food" i am sure MG makes a product that will work, but i killed a few plants due to having a hard time measuring it correctly i like to use liquid ferts. but this is my first year growing super hots and well i have 2ccavas shopping bags full of various samples of ferts i picked up at the hydro expo in SD so once all my dyna grow products are gone then i will try another and see how it works. i think as long as you dont overdue it and the fert contains all the nutes/micro then it will do just fine. this is just my experience as a first year grower. each grower i have read posts on here have discovered what has worked for them over the years so its trial and error in the beginning to find what works for you and once you do you will notice.

Eric

Back