• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Show Me Some Tail !

D3monic said:

the red pheno tastes good

this other pheno I didnt like but everyone else says it's good

JS57TSb.jpg
Mike, how do they compare in taste/heat?
The Red one looks pretty cool.

Lovepeppers said:
Mike, how do they compare in taste/heat?
The Red one looks pretty cool.

Completely different. I'd say the round pheno is pretty close to on par with cgn-21500 on heat and taste wise maybe a slight musk smell. The red pheno with tail is around a good habanero level heat, decent taste but doesn't really stand out. . Neither wows me enough to continue past the f1 stage. At least not compared to some the other crosses i'm working with. Maybe i'll grow the red one again... we shall see, I did save some seeds I believe. 

D3monic said:

Completely different. I'd say the round pheno is pretty close to on par with cgn-21500 on heat and taste wise maybe a slight musk smell. The red pheno with tail is around a good habanero level heat, decent taste but doesn't really stand out. . Neither wows me enough to continue past the f1 stage. At least not compared to some the other crosses i'm working with. Maybe i'll grow the red one again... we shall see, I did save some seeds I believe. 
Right on bro. I was very curious because of the totally different phenos and characteristics they both had.
I just started pollinating some different crosses for my 2017 grow.
Hopefully some of these varieties will take.

WickedMojo said:
heres a few with a more traditional tail, hrmm choco reaper? lol

chocscorp_zpspub5xvfr.jpg
I love the look of those pods! Very intimidating. Great job!

Lovepeppers said:
This pic belongs on this thread too.
This reaper plant has been throwing some long tails.
Wow! Now THAT'S a tail! Fantastic!

moruga welder said:
Very nice Reaper, Frank! Extremely bumpy and gnarly!

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
last year i had a freak yellow Bubblegum pop up out of 7 large red bubblegum plants
they had nice bleeding calyx, and a couple of them had a short stubby tail
9.13.15%20Yellow%20Bubblegum_zpsctfjncgv.jpg

9.5.15%20Yellow%20BBG7%20bottom%20view_zpserjydphj.jpg

2015 freak yellow Bubblegum

9.14.15%20yellow%20BBG7_zpszovqx19e.jpg

Did i mention they were Large  :shocked: 

well I saved seeds from the largest pods and this year they are still yellow and with nice bleeding Calyx, except their tails are even more pronounced!
08.05.16%20yellow%20BBG7%20with%20stinger_zpstzhdrnid.jpg

2016 Yellow Bubblegum 7 with tail:shocked:

Delicious, fruity, slightly sweet, a bit less hot than the original Red Bubblegum7, more usable in my opinion.
i will probably grow a dozen of these next year :)

:cheers:
GIP

I don't know what it is, but I sure am drawn to the Yellow peppers I keep seeing.

Those look amazing, very nice looking peppers. 

Back