Show us your "cookies". Show your off your vintage cookware

My old Club Aluminum Dutch Ovens!! These things work wonders :cool:
They are probably 30 years older than me... haha
IMG_0446.jpg

Why do I have a sudden craving to go yard sale-ing???????!

I'm so sad that I left mine behind!!! I had turquoise AND burnt orange pots!!!!!

That's it...I'm re-starting my collection! YEAH!!!!!!

I'm nowhere near so picky about cookware. I have one criterion for cookware...I need to be able to treat it however I want and still have it function. I opt for stainless steel that I can scrub, toss in the dishwasher, use metal spoons with, etc.

Well, let's talk about the kitchen. I know for you too, it's always nice to save cash, especially on the subject of the daily activities undertaken at home. This includes cooking. However, there are times when cheap cooking shouldn't eschew kitchen luxuries, as life is too short not to enjoy the foods you eat. Allow me to share with you some of the kitchen luxuries that are worth the cost, and some that are not. It pays a lot when you are practical most of the time especially when it comes to kitchen .Have a worthwhile reading at: Kitchen luxuries you should and should not buy.

I'm over at my parent's house for a few days, they've lived in this farm house since 1965. The house was built around 1910. This stove was in the house when they moved in and my mom has cooked on it every day (well, except for vacations... :lol:) for the last 47 years. Man, the stories that stove could tell!!!

6f03266a.jpg

It's usually pristine clean, but some mucky cook [sub](me) [/sub]was making beef stew in the only pan large enough to handle a "real" beef stew recipe... :lol:
3b220c51.jpg

69de6214.jpg

Side compartment and bottom drawer for storage, and an oven that puts my JennAire to shame-
e7b6e8b7.jpg

The Real Deal- Monarch~
dce35936.jpg

Back