• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Show us your Ornamentals

Here are a few of my ornamentals. I know some people dont like them because some don't taste very nice, but to me it is better than growing flowers. We try to only grow things that we can eat except for my cacti so to me these are like having edible flowers :)

Here are a few of mine and I will post a couple more later.

Purple Flash
e7e59726fc3a42cfbd7680f3ece8fcc0

4378bf04d701464a8637105e673454c8

Sangria
a711bc2500f44c68aff523a02b3b2edf

So show us your pics...

nice plants everybody. love the color of that black pearl.

i dont have any pics to contribute just yet, ill be starting seeds for royal black, purple flash, and fish, which as i understand it is something like a variegated white/green jalapeno

gardenvato said:
nice plants everybody. love the color of that black pearl.

i dont have any pics to contribute just yet, ill be starting seeds for royal black, purple flash, and fish, which as i understand it is something like a variegated white/green jalapeno

Thanks

Beautiful plants chillilover, they are very healthy looking and colourful, I especially like the explosive ember.

Gardenvato the fish is quite an unusual looking plant and the pods are a nice hot heat and have good flavour, one of my favourites. The pods start off creamy with green stripes then to orange to red with faint stripes in it.
90ae13eb9ad6452299e867ee2a41cef5

thats a great lookin fish plant. pods look awesome too.

likin gasificadas black pearl too. the contrast between green and black is crazy cool

I don't know how you are defining 'ornamental' but here are a couple of mine I thought were attractive.

Trinidad Purple Coffee
103231061.jpg

Ulupica x eximium
102962879.jpg

Pequin de Manduria
93284011.jpg

Pequin Roseto
46561453.jpg

These are really nice photos. I didn't have ornamentels until now, seems I missed something.

@johnf: how is the trinidad purple coffee ? Has it a nice flavour and is it as hot as other knowns from Trinidad ?

This thread begs the question of what is ornamental. I think all chile plants are beautiful which is why I grow them.

Bolivian Rainbow

nicepepper7.jpg

espichili

I didn't note anything special about the flavor--this is c. annuum not a chinense. Heat varied from moderate to very hot.

john

Back