• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Show us your Ornamentals

johnf said:
espichili

I didn't note anything special about the flavor--this is c. annuum not a chinense. Heat varied from moderate to very hot.

john

not only that john but also they have bad flavor that cant be used in any way of cooking...:(
they are just to look at

awesome pics

pepperlover, how does the pimenta de neyde taste? i just started a couple seeds but havent had any experience with them. and how is the heat level? thanks

johnf said:
espechili

I didn't note anything special about the flavor--this is c. annuum not a chinense. Heat varied from moderate to very hot.

john

PepperLover said:
not only that john but also they have bad flavor that cant be used in any way of cooking...:(
they are just to look at

thx for your infos. So it was the right decision, not to plant it this year. Got the Peru scarlet lantern, Masquerade und Pimenta da Neyde, that's enough for this year.

gardenvato said:
awesome pics

pepperlover, how does the pimenta de neyde taste? i just started a couple seeds but havent had any experience with them. and how is the heat level? thanks

very hot chinense taste what is amazing is that the color is same all time dont change u will like it

Espechili said:
thx for your infos. So it was the right decision, not to plant it this year. Got the Peru scarlet lantern, Masquerade und Pimenta da Neyde, that's enough for this year.

YOU will enjoy the de neyde but the masquerade dont taste good at all if u dont have enough room dont plant alot of ornemantel chilis
mine were used as seedless powder
picture005fg.jpg

They are all beautiful plants. Now I might have to throw a couple in this year as well. I grew the Black Pearl last year. It was a pretty plant, but didn't use any of the pods. I might put a few out as border plants though.

jacob

PepperLover said:
they are just to look at

I have to disagree. Mine had ordinary annuum flavor-not a bad flavor.

John

Back