• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Shredded plants

I was too angry to get pictures of them right now, but my dad left our year and a half great dane puppy totally unsupervised with the plants that I just put into bigger pots. I was training the dog yesterday not to go near them, was coming along good, but not near good enough to be left unattended.

What I have left from one plant- a stick with roots and a stem with some pods
What I have left from the other plant- two stems with some pods

What should I do from here(besides spraying the crap out of my plants and dad with pepper powder mixed in water)?
Is there a way to save them?

This description seems to occur quite a bit here on the forum. The plants should bounce back with new growth.
Only time is lost hopefully. Good luck!

Here are some photos. I sort of threw the stems in the dirt, I guess it probably won't work. I found a piece of the second plant with roots attached after searching the yard for a bit, also another piece of the other plant. I think there is enough root/stem on the first plant for it to survive, just lost the 30-40 or so pods on it. What's funny is, less than 5 minutes after I rushed outside to see the damage, the UPS man came with my order of twelve plants from Cross Country Nurseries.

DSC00572.jpg

DSC00573.jpg

DSC00574.jpg

DSC00575.jpg

wow, that really sucks, I hate that for you, @ least the new starts from CCN will help to cushion the blow! good luck on the return to health and on the new plants, Keep the faith!
Paul

a sad day for chile growers everywhere...but, from personal experience (armadillo attack, south Ga hail storms, a few tornados) peppers can take a damn licking and bounce back better than before. I had a deer eat my entire bhut to the last 4 inches of stem last year and I thought I had an aneurysm - but I left it to do it's thing and damn if it didn't eventually out produce some of the other bhuts.

Great to hear about ne plants coming in from CCN - What did you order if you don't mind my nosiness? I am expecting my trinidad scorps and 7pots today from them as well.

Here is what I got. All of them were 2.00-2.30 for the end of their shipping season. $36 total

7 Pot Yellow
Berbere
2x Fatalii
Fish
White Habanero #2
Mucho Nacho Jalapeno Hybrid
2x Scotch Bonnet Yellow
Thai Giant
Thai Yellow
Tobago Seasoning

I plucked all of the buds/pods/leaves off of what was left of the plants. Honestly, I have no idea how the plants got chewed down to nothing that fast, seeing as these were the biggest plants with the thickest stems. It seemed like some of the random stems I tossed back in the pot were already trying to grow new roots, which was a bit strange because I thought that chiles didn't root from the stems that easily.

sounds like a hell of a retaliation lineup. I had a thai plant that broke off during a storm and just stuck it in the same container alongside the "mother" ( I pulled off all the buds, old leaves, and fruit set) >>> it wilted like hell for about 3 days and then started to perk up. It now grows at my parents house.

I have tried this purposefully before with other pepper plants and used rooting hormone/compound and couldn't save them for anything.

glad to see you on the rebound...

Man, that seriously sucks man. You handled this situation very good and, have to add that you scored a nice set of plants for a really good price!! GL on the rest of your plants with the dog.

Back