• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Shrink bands

Anyone know of a good place for shrink bands?  Fillmore has them for a good price, $7.50/250, but the shipping to canada is $23, which seems ridiculous for something like shrink bands.  I dont really want to pay almost 3 times the cost of the item for shipping (especially not for a small pack of little plastic sleeves).  The place I got my bottles only had wet/dry bands, which isnt really what I want, and they only had them in a minimum bucket size of 1000.  Im looking for the heat shrink type.

Also, what size would be good for 5 and 10 oz woozies?  I know bottle shapes can differ...but in general?  24mm? 

I have some that have been offered in small amounts.  Will post prices etc, in a few minutes.

Here's the post-
http://thehotpepper.com/topic/36170-shrink-bands-for-sale/

Shipping to Canada has changed a couple months ago.  I don't know what the smaller quantities would ship for (probably around $5 for the 200), the 2500 can fit into a small flat rate box for $19.95 international.

Thanks for the response SL.  I mentioned to my wife tonight that I needed to find some shrink bands online and she said I should check out the local wine bottling place, I did and they fit perfect!  May not be intended for sauce but hey are the fanciest damn bottles around.

Super!  Glad you found something that works close to home.

bottle_zps822e805f.jpg

:dance:

Heya chilliheads, been lurking for a while, few days ago I decided to register.

I couldnt find the shrink bands for a reasonable price in my country, so I decided to make my own.
I used plastic food bags, cut them to desired width with a kitchen bag sealing machine so you get the strips, cut the strips in desired length, put them over the bottle and heat them with a heat gun.
Here is the video for a better explanation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iphp4Nc6WAs

That's a great idea, Tosh.  Thanks for sharing and :welcome:

salsalady

Back