• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Sick cutback and transplant

I grew some peppers for the first time last year. It never gets bellow the 40s in the winter so I never bothered to bring any peppers inside. All of the leaves fell off but the stems looked fine and were still green. I decided to transplant the peppers I kept into bigger containers so they could get bigger.

They were in 10 inch pots with two per pot. They got decent size but not as huge as they could have. I moved them into 18 gallon tubs with 4 per container. I don't have any land to plant them so containers are the only option.

Because they were 2 to a pot before I had to separate the two from the single fairly root bound pots. I also cut back the tops a lot and sealed the cut parts with some wax. Now one of the plants isn't looking too great. It is starting to yellow. Is there anything I can do to save it before it dies?

Here is a picture. This one is a bhut jolokia.

DSCN0366.jpg

And the others in that tub are still green? Hmmmm... maybe just too much root shock?
Are they in direct sun? Might be bit too much for it until some leaves get going.

I put the wax on because I heard it keeps it from drying out at the cut and also keeps bugs from attacking it there.

None of them have any new growth yet. The others are still green so far. I don't think it liked the stress.

Back