• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Sick plants

Some of my plants don't look line they are doing too well. They are grown indoors and they get plenty of light. What does it look like is wrong with them? I don't know if both plants have the same problem.

Plant 1
DSCN0069.jpg

Plant 2
DSCN0068.jpg

What are you feeding them? Looks like chlorosis, which can be caused by a lack of Nitrogen or Magnesium or both, or even a pH problem which causes problems in absorbing those nuts. Purple veins also suggests Phosphorus deficiency.

Try giving them some food high in Nitrogen, thats the first of three numbers...

NN-XX-XX

I would also give them some Epsom salt, which is Magnesium Sufate. Disolve a table spoon into a gallon of water (distilled is better).

Spray on tops and bottoms of leaves in the morning or at night, in two days you should see improvement in the new leaves.

Dont over water them, this will flush nutrients out, I only water mine when they wilt, and when I do, I water them deeply, so that some water comes out the bottom.

Hope that helps :)

Sure looks like there could be a few aphids there too. Top pic, middle leaf on left. Bottom pic, those two leaves under the C on Coca, both look like they have aphids. A fat one right on the vein. Kill those bastards. Alternate Neem and Safer Soap. More Safer than Neem. Check them every day.

What type of light are you using, how close are your lights and how long do you have your lights on for? How warm is it where you keep the plants?

I ask because I've noticed that the leaves on my plants tend to curl up like that when the lights are too close to the plants. I'm not sure if it's due to the heat or if it's too much light in general. Either way, the leaves on my plants open up when I move the lights further away. They also tend to be open in the morning after the lights have been off for for the night. The smaller ones at the top (closest to the lights) are curled up by the end of the day.

The purple shades and veins on the leaves also makes me think they are getting too much light. Check out this LINK. The poster there has a similar situation.

I can't tell if you have aphids or not, but the white specs on the leaves kinda make look like that. Check for them.

Yeah I think the purple is from the light. I'm not too worried about that. It never hurt any of my plants. I am worried though about the yellowing, leaf curling, and leaf drop. I could try moving them a little farther from the lights.

I know there are white flies on the plant. I just got a couple aphids on them from a plant I moved inside for a couple days. I tried to pick off all of them after I saw them on the photo and the plant they came from has been moved outside. What damage will white flies do? What about aphids?

I was thinking it was some sort of nutrient or water problem.

Aphids can fud things up pretty damn fast. Take a look at THIS thread for solutions and for an idea of how bad it can get if you don't do something about it soon.

Back