• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

single branch is wilting!!! help

help .. what's happening ? this is the newest branch from the bottom to form which has bigger leafs.
a few days ago.
wp001092.jpg

and now.... :((

wp001155.jpg

There aren't many reasons for a single branch to show signs of distress. the most common is a different exposure to sun and/or heat, but it is obvious the branch is exposed to the same elements as the rest of the plant. another reason is the attack of pests. the most likely option is, though, it has broken or chipped somewhere along its base. look closely. it might also be a temporary stress caused by maybe twisting or some kind of mild damage. if there aren't any pests and it's not completely broken, it will recover.

another picture . its the close up of the branch which is wilting at the top.its the green one that goes to the top. there were no signs of any break.
wp001156.jpg

Might be pests, not sure. what I can tell you is you have a nutritional problem. probably not related, just thought you should know.

There aren't many reasons for a single branch to show signs of distress. the most common is a different exposure to sun and/or heat, but it is obvious the branch is exposed to the same elements as the rest of the plant. another reason is the attack of pests. the most likely option is, though, it has broken or chipped somewhere along its base. look closely. it might also be a temporary stress caused by maybe twisting or some kind of mild damage. if there aren't any pests and it's not completely broken, it will recover.

Might be pests, not sure. what I can tell you is you have a nutritional problem. probably not related, just thought you should know.
thanks Omri for your comments.nutritional problem ? calcium ? it has very wrinkly leafs.!!!
did notice some browning at the bottom of the branch ...

help... help..... i am feeling helpless..... seeing my plant going ...
:((( at first only one branch wilted and dried up then the whole plant leafs are slowly dropping and yellowing. from a plant that you cannot see the bottom and i can see the branches and the bottom. the only thing i can say now is its raining every day and then heat then rain again!!
wp001194.jpg

Back