• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Slow release... rain?

Here is what I woke up to this morning. Trying to keep a positive outlook. I guess this is why plant out date is late May around here.

IMG_2669copy.jpg

Slow release rain--that's hilarious!

I woke up yesterday to snow on the ground. It was in the 70's earlier in the week! Global warming my .....

Not a midget outhouse, but an authentic one. My sister calls it the "leaning tower of pee-sa." Put a new seat in it and level it and it would do its job.

Anyway, I planned on hardening off in late May and planting in early June. The snow just reminds me not to get too far ahead of myself.

Ring Sting, I like the water capture system. Makes me think of how I could use the old water cistern in the yard.

Patrick, just think how cold it would be without global warming.

How do the longer season varieties do in SD outdoors? I have some family on the east side, but they're bell pepper folks- just wondering.

First year growing peppers so I'm not sure how the longer season peppers will do. I expect that they will produce pods, but I figure I may not get a large harvest. I hope I'm wrong and I'll keep you posted.

Well hopefully it's a good summer. Look forward to seeing how different ones do. We might move out by our family we have there someday.

Back