• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

harvesting Small Harvest

I finally managed to get some time available to harvest some peppers. Some of them are smaller than they should be, but that's probably due to my short growing season and the small pots they were in.

From top left to right:

7-Pot Jonah, Yellow SB, Carribian Red Hab

FTSB, Fatalii, Chili Goronog, D Naga

BP7Pot, Datil

variety.jpg

Jamaican Yellows that actually turned red. Maybe it was mislabeled at the source. Oh well, very tasty pepper and one of my favorites.

jamiacan--yellow01.jpg

Second bunch getting ready for Jamaican Jerk Pork :)

jamaican-yellow02.jpg

nice pods. i'm gonna grow that malaysion goronong ay some point. it gets the craziest pod shapes. have you tried them yet? just wondering about the flavour and heat level.

Thanks for the kind words all.

SS, I'm not sure what the Datil's were being sold as. I got them here through THP from a very kind and EXTREMELY generous smokemaster (Thanks again smoke). They all came from the same plant. I started all my peppers early and the small pots seems to have bred small peppers. All the peppers I moved to a larger pot produced bigger peppers. Substantially bigger.

bigt, the red scotch bonnets are pretty dang hot. I just bit the top off of one and well, wow. It was about a second or two before the heat hit. My tongue is throbbing. It kinda feels like someone slapped it with a ruler! Kinda glad I'm a little tipsy because this could've been much worse.

naganumbness, I didn't' really care for the goronong. It had a slight habish smell and flavor, but really lacked in heat. I doubt I'll grow them again.

chillilover, the datils could be fatalii's. I could be wrong, but aren't the two the same thing except for the name? I THINK I recall reading something about that here awhile ago. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

My favorites were the Jamaican Reds. They have a bell pepper flavor, but decent heat. Way lower than a hab, but the flavor makes up for that. Good Jerk Pork that's for sure.

Back