• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

overwintering Small Leaves, Stunted Growth on Overwintered Plants

I pruned my Tepin to a bare stick and now it's growing very nice.

My opinion is if you prune it 2/3 or 1/3 of it's size, once the plant starts making energy it's gona shoot lots of new growth. Here's my Tepin.

Before in a 1 gal. pot.
IMG_20130217_090619.jpg

After in 5 gal pot.

20130428_235339.jpg

, Vegas

Okay,

Here's two shots of the root mass out of the pot. Whatchy'all think?

3hUbsW2.jpg

CaHB0Z1.jpg

And speaking of Tepins...here's my "overwintered" plant. No pruning here, but obviously, I'm cheating. ;)

dUrkpRM.jpg

Those look awesome eephus!

They are, millwork. I noticed them in my back yard about two years ago, and that's the largest of them. My son is about 2 1/2, if that gives you any perspective. The thing has been pumping out fruit all winter and still is (slowing down now).

There are two smaller ones nearby. Very cool. Hopefully some local birds will continue to help them spread around my yard. I don't eat them often (seeds are a PITA to deal with), but they definitely have an awesome (and hot!) flavor profile.

Hmmmmm wild peppers... Hook a brotha up?

Dude, you can have handfuls if you want. They're a pain to germinate, though. Haven't had any luck yet.

Do you have a pet bird? ;)

edit: Also, I have a bunch of other seed sitting 'round dry rotting, so if you're looking for anything else, just shoot me your address and I'll send you a little care package if you'd like.

Back