• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Small varieties of chinensis

I'm growing the Peruvian White Bullet Hab in a 3 inch net pot and a cup. I'm wondering if there are other varieties that will grow well like this. This type puts out a ton of side growth and is super short before splitting.

I'm thinking maybe amazon 3? It was about the same size pod, does it grow short too? What other types do?

yup

Wild Brazil which is my favorite is one :drooling: as well as

TANGERINE CLUSTER
IVORY CLUSTER
i have these two and there almost identical to each other except for color
there are quite a few more
thanks your friend Joe

yup

Wild Brazil which is my favorite is one :drooling: as well as

TANGERINE CLUSTER
IVORY CLUSTER
i have these two and there almost identical to each other except for color
there are quite a few more
thanks your friend Joe

I take the yep to mean yes to amazon 3?

Thanks for the heads up on those types, ill look out for them.

My wild brazil grew 6 foot tall in the ground. you'd catagorize it as a small plant Joe? Is there another strain that is smaller? I get the white hab, it grows like a little bush.

A9139947-49BF-4FF2-A717-8873B1478B44-2934-000007CCAD40F36B.jpg

This is my little white bullet, I want to make a few more like this but I'd like a diversity of color and shape.

My wild brazil grew 6 foot tall in the ground. you'd catagorize it as a small plant Joe? Is there another strain that is smaller? I get the white hab, it grows like a little bush.
My wild Brazil was also north of 5 foot last year. I did not grow it this year due to the intensive amount of effort it took to pick all the pods!

I have a couple of crosses with Cumari do Para (very similar to if not the same as some of the Wild Brazils around) you could try.

My Aji Dulce #2 seems to be thriving at a small size, albeit in a gallon flowerpot rather than a 3" container. It lost its whole top to sunburn in a heat wave this summer, then seemed to develop an attitude and take off with a dense, stocky growth habit---I think that what amounted to a sudden, aggressive top pruning may have stimulated growth lower down. I think it'd be interesting to see if you can force similar results.

-NT

Back